Today's update - kernel 6.5.01 recommended?

I had an update today, but can’t find any announcement about it and manjaro reports about a new kernel 6.5.01 is this already stable and recommended?

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.7
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.109.0
Qt Version: 5.15.10
Kernel Version: 6.4.12-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 31.1 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 530
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Name: OptiPlex 7040

Hi @cluster,

This side not yet, so I think you just have to wait for the announcement.


I would say a “recommended” kernel is a LTS kernel. 6.5 is final since 2 days…give arch and manjaro some time.


Only the LTS kernels are recommended, and at present time, the most recent LTS kernel is still 6.1.

The recommendation you got was probably with regard to the near-future deprecation of 6.4, given that 6.4 is not an LTS kernel. :wink:

1 Like

I was just a little worried that an inappropriate unstable update was delivered because I couldn’t find the announcement, usually I’m always waiting for information but today I missed it …
but now I see that updates are available on my other systems too :grinning:

Very stable on my system…

1 Like

No, sometimes the announcement thread does come a little late. I too am waiting for it to appear before I update my system, but if it hasn’t appeared yet before 13:00 UTC today, I’ll go ahead with it anyway.

After all, I’ve been monitoring the most recent Testing Updates thread, and whatever was updated there will now be in the Stable Updates thread. And so far, it’s not looking too scary. :wink:

But always remember… :arrow_down:



Manjaro Settings Manager does not recommend it

1 Like

You can certainly try it. Especially new hardware usually benefits from the recent version.

Why do you have doubt about trying it out?

If you want to wait a bit, you can check here when Arch moves to 6.5: Arch Linux - linux 6.4.12.arch1-1 (x86_64)

1 Like

In fact, if something goes wrong, you can switch to 6.1.49-1

For me its the first time, that i see a stable update appears without a announcement thread.
And the last stable thread is also closed since 9-10hours already.

6.5 working fine here, with Intel I7 and Nvidia RTX, Just finished throwing benchmarks at it and NO crashes or Kernel Panics.

I don’t know, man… :man_shrugging: I’ve just posted this… :arrow_down:


ouch, thanks for investigating into this further!
it seems there are also issues with missing V-Box support for linux-6.5.0-1


Virtualbox works just fine for me under 6.5.0-1.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Issues with Kernel 6.5.0-1 on VMWare