[Stable Update] 2024-07-01 - Kernels, Systemd, KDE Gear, LibreOffice, Firefox, Wine, Qemu

It should be fixed with cinnamon-session 6.2.0-1.0 coming along shortly.

It’s a feature, not a bug. :wink:

4 Likes

Known Issue regarding OpenSSH added above. :point_up:

This gave me limited internet connection in my KVM. If I turn off my ufw, the internet is working fine, with the rules added it’s very slow (limited internet connection). Maybe I’m missing something.

I did not test it very thoroughly to be honest. DNS and ping. When i run the virt machine with ip a i see yet another interface vnet0. First i also allowed this, but it did not seem to make a difference so i deleted the rules and did not mention it, but i did not test speed.

this seems to be that a package is trying to add those files when another packages already has those files. try doing pacman -Qo on the files(full path) to see what package owns those

Also got Cinnamon 6.2 Shutdown bug, can add that it’s very easy to click the top right Off button when I get bumped to the login screen instead of getting shutdown, then at least my system gets powered off.

1 Like

that let the connection in virtual machine to start
but no apps get internet in VM

Unfortunately, you are right. We are missing something. I did some more testing and could not do anything more than a ping. Tested a couple of linuxes and Windows.

1 Like

Allow me to report a minor problem. After upgrading, gnome-shell under Wayland keeps crashing for me, gdm works, though. So, upon logging in the normal gnome-shell ui appears. As soon as I try to start anything (like the terminal), Gnome just disappears and I end up back at gdm. Switching to X11 solved the problem for now.

inxi -G                                                          ✔ 
Graphics:
  Device-1: AMD Cape Verde GL [FirePro W4100] driver: radeon v: kernel
  Display: x11 server: X.org v: 1.21.1.13 with: Xwayland v: 24.1.0 driver:
    X: loaded: modesetting dri: radeonsi gpu: radeon
    resolution: <missing: xdpyinfo/xrandr> resolution: 1: 3840x2160
    2: 3840x2160
  API: EGL v: 1.5 drivers: kms_swrast,radeonsi,swrast
    platforms: gbm,x11,surfaceless,device
  API: OpenGL v: 4.5 vendor: amd mesa v: 24.1.1-manjaro1.1 renderer: VERDE
    (radeonsi LLVM 17.0.6 DRM 2.50 6.9.5-1-MANJARO)

Just thought I’d share this in case somebody is facing the same issue.

The pacman-mirrors.conf.pacnew is unquoting (#) Branch = stable.

# Branch = stable

Unsure if this is intended.
Now this would nullify all lines in the file, as they’d be starting with ## or # each single one.

And: Let’s see if hibernation is fixed for me with the update…

1 Like

I evade this Line Merge and merged only the content bellow.
To uncomment this Line of Code sounds total wrong to me.

Btw. Im experience again a strange bug with Meld when pressing “m” for Merge.
But “v” for View works as intended:

I executed the same commands and everything works, but it seems the boot process is slower. Does that make sense to you, and do you have the same feeling?

Do we have to do this? I haven’t updated yet and wondering if I should preemptively add those parameters before rebooting. Which users are affected?

Edit: To check if you are running cgroup2, run mount | grep cgroup and mount | grep cgroup2. You are running cgroup2 if the outputs begin with cgroup2. No need to change parameters in this case.

You can lower the amount of time it waits to find the device.
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system.conf

I’ve set these 3 settings:

DefaultTimeoutStopSec=10s
DefaultDeviceTimeoutSec=10s
RuntimeWatchdogSec=20s

You can increase the time if you want to. I don’t know if there is a downside to 10 seconds. I just don’t care to wait for some device that doesn’t get mounted within that timeframe.

Maybe check your /etc/fstab for the /dev/tpm…
You should be using UUID anyway.

1 Like

I can confirm that fixed it, thanks for the quick update :+1:

I would much rather find what is being waited for, rather than just try to sweep it under the carpet.

What is /dev/tpmrm0

Why has it started trying to mount it after this update?

run mount | *grep* cgroup and mount | *grep* cgroup2 :wink:

Though only the first version is actually needed, as it’ll find cgroup2 anyway.

Arch wiki: " TPM 2.0 allows direct access via /dev/tpm0 (one client at a time), kernel-managed access via /dev/tpmrm0…"
Do you have TPM enabled? Start looking there.

You can get your system booted by editing the grub command line while the grub menu is displayed, then adding the necessary line to it (this is a one-off and will revert afterwards).
Then once you’re up and running you can make the necessary permanent changes.

I found the answer. Amazing what a good nights sleep will do.

fix is to mask this device
sudo systemctl mask dev-tpmrm0.device

Why on earth it suddenly started trying to load it after this update and no one knows anything about it is quite odd but meh.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Trusted_Platform_Module

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=296699

2 Likes