[Stable Update] 2022-10-05 - Kernels, Systemd, AMDVLK, Deepin, Pamac, QEMU, Thunderbird, Firefox, 0 A.D., Gradience, Linux Firmware, WINE, GNOME, Pipewire

Try…

for_window [class=".*"] border pixel 1

My guess is that it got installed when I tried out manjaro-pipewire but found out that it doesn’t work as stable as JACK with interrupt-based drivers so I switched back to JACK and manjaro-pulse. It seems that when uninstalling manjaro-pipewire, the dependency to the bell-package isn’t being removed.

pipewire-x11-bell is an optional dependency of manjaro-pipewire. It’s up to the user to install it if needed or remove it if it’s not. I recently made some changes to manjaro-pulse & manjaro-pipewire including adding the conflict. That’s why you only encountered it with this update.

As a temporary solution this does work. But I have noticed that after setting it like this, that “File Open” dialogs look strange without title bar. So I guess my desire would be to set default_floating_border to normal (I’ll edit my original post to reflect this).

work now with that, thank !

i also get
xdg-desktop-portal-kde : This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized etc.
i’ve seen quit a few recent reports in Arch and elsewhere,

so far it doesn’t bother me and i’m not completly sure what it should affect.

1 Like

after this update plasma seems to no longer lag but it still has a small delay before showing me all desktops when i use hot corner. i dont have any delay in settings

Yes, I have read something on the link below, but no medicine for this till now, from what I understood.
Only one guy from that post after uninstalled the xdg-desktop-portal has get rid of the errors, but I don’t know what is the drawback doing this way.

Blockquote
I just noticed that uninstalling ‘xdg-desktop-portal’ package fixes this. So if I install only ‘xdg-desktop-portal-kde’ everything works.

You can read the full post there:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=279527

1 Like

The issue was caused by update some QT packages

Here: Bug 458865

2 Likes

After the previous update, when the laptop lid was closed with the shutdown command set, the screen just hung and went into standby mode, as it were, only the mouse moved. The laptop turned off completely only with the button. After this update, the laptop behaves the same, but goes into and out of hybrid sleep mode well. With the shutdown, the topic has not been corrected, it would be nice to fix it somehow. I changed the kernel from 5.15 to 5.19 did not help, I did a reinstallation of the entire system, everything was fine before the update, after closing the lid with the shutdown command it freezes. Installed video card Nvidia 820m and Bumblebee, + intel i5. I tried it on a clean system only installed (without additional drivers), the result is the same.

sudo pamac update -a 

Warning: Building packages as dynamic user
Warning: Setting build directory to /var/cache/pamac
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
unable to lock database
Failed to synchronize databases
Refreshing AUR...                                                    
Resolving dependencies...                                            
Warning: cannot resolve "libcap=2.66", a dependency of "lib32-libcap"
Warning: cannot resolve "expat=2.4.9", a dependency of "lib32-expat"
Warning: cannot resolve "fluidsynth=2.3.0", a dependency of "lib32-fluidsynth"
Warning: cannot resolve "libcap=2.66", a dependency of "lib32-libcap"
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- unable to satisfy dependency 'libcap=2.66' required by lib32-libcap
- unable to satisfy dependency 'expat=2.4.9' required by lib32-expat
- unable to satisfy dependency 'fluidsynth=2.3.0' required by lib32-fluidsynth

These errors have appeared after each attempt to update. The full list of programs trying to update is something like 300+ so I’m not sure if that’s useful, but Firefox and Thunderbird have already updated. Some help would be appreciated.

i’m not sure,but it looks like this:

I did have an issue where while in the middle of updating, my screen went to lock due to inactivity, and I got the following issue.

The screen locker broke and unlocking was not possible unless I switched into a virtual terminal using “ctrl+alt+f2” logging in and then running “loginctl unlock-session 2” then logged out of the virtual terminal using “ctrl+d” and then switched back to the running session using “ctrl+alt+f1”.

I am also having an issue with installing ceph-libs & python2 along with it. During the “building” section of the install, my laptop completely froze and became unresponsive. I had to hold the power button down to make it shutdown and restart as no input made anything happen. (No idea what to do about this)

Some Info:
Host: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs2xxx
Kernel: 5.15.71-1-MANJARO
DE: Plasma 5.25.5
CPU: Intel i7-8565U (8) @ 4.600GHz
GPU: Intel WhiskeyLake-U GT2 [UHD Graphics 620]
Memory: 2781MiB / 7835MiB

(If you need more info, let me know the commands and i’ll try to respond)

1 Like

ceph-libs & python2 should be uninstalled.

1 Like

After I have updated and restarted my system and uninstalled python2 & ceph-libs. I tried making a backup/snapshot of my system using Timeshift. It crashes (the GUI) when making a snapshot and when deleting a snapshot and I have no idea why or how to find out why. (Looking for log files, will update when I have)

I would reinstall python2 & ceph-libs but I can’t due my my laptop freezing when building.

Any ideas?

Something is wonky with the Timeshift in GUI mode. CLI works though. Think I will just use that from now on.

The python2 update took forever. If I want to use Firewire, I need it. Hmm. Decisions decisoins.

I read that removal of python2 was recommended, so i tried. I’m having difficulties with python2 dependencies :

sudo pamac remove  python2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             1 ✘ 
Preparing...
Checking dependencies...
- removing python2 breaks dependency 'python2' required by cython2
    ~  sudo pamac remove  cython2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             1 ✘ 
Preparing...
Checking dependencies...

To remove (1):
  cython2  0.29.32-2    

Total removed size: 11,7 MB

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
Removing cython2 (0.29.32-2)...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    [1/1]
Transaction successfully finished.
    ~  sudo pamac remove  python2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        ✔  9s  
Preparing...
Checking dependencies...
- removing python2 breaks dependency 'python2' required by python2-appdirs
    ~  sudo pamac remove  python2-appdirs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     1 ✘ 
Preparing...
Checking dependencies...

To remove (1):
  python2-appdirs  1.4.4-6    

Total removed size: 82,7 kB

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
Removing python2-appdirs (1.4.4-6)...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              [1/1]
Transaction successfully finished.
    ~  sudo pamac remove  python2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        ✔  3s  
Preparing...
Checking dependencies...
- removing python2 breaks dependency 'python2' required by python2-cairo
    ~  sudo pamac remove  python2-cairo                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       1 ✘ 
Preparing...
Checking dependencies...
- removing python2-cairo breaks dependency 'python2-cairo' required by pygtk

Did I understand that correctly? Should I continue to remove those packages as they appear? Am I going at this the right way?

EDIT : I also tried to build the proposed update from AUR, but it failed a test

1 test failed: test_time

what is the output from: pactree python2

my command to uninstall all python2 packages was:

sudo pacman -R python2 python2-backports python2-cairo python2-contextlib2 python2-distlib python2-filelock python2-gobject2 python2-importlib_resources python2-platformdirs python2-scandir python2-setuptools python2-singledispatch python2-typing pygtk python2-backports.entry-points-selectable python2-configparser python2-importlib-metadata python2-pathlib2 python2-virtualenv python2-zipp

and pls…dont use sudo with pamac!

Timeshift has issues right now,it’s mentioned on this thread and in the forum.

2 Likes

I tried the GUI, but it failed because of dependencies problems. I’m not familiar with the good practices outside the GUI and have little knowledge.

Here 's the output from pactree python2

python2
├─bzip2
│ ├─glibc
│ │ ├─linux-api-headers>=4.10
│ │ ├─tzdata
│ │ └─filesystem
│ │   └─iana-etc
│ └─bash provides sh
│   ├─readline
│   │ ├─glibc
│   │ ├─ncurses