[Stable Update] 2022-07-18 - Kernels, Pipewire, Mesa, Xorg, XWayland, Gnome, KDE Gear, Plamo

I’m getting same issue :confused:

you should probably post an issue in the sound forum if you haven’t already

I have an error message popping up a few times when running VeraCrypt, although it’s working fine

/build/wxwidgets/src/wxWidgets-3.2.0/src/common/sizer.cpp(2288): assert "CheckSizerFlags(!((flags) & (wxALIGN_RIGHT | wxALIGN_CENTRE_HORIZONTAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM | wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL)))" failed in DoInsert(): wxALIGN_RIGHT | wxALIGN_CENTRE_HORIZONTAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM | wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL will be ignored in this sizer: wxEXPAND overrides alignment flags in box sizers

DO NOT PANIC !!

If you're an end user running a program not developed by you, please ignore this message, it is harmless, and please try reporting the problem to the program developers.

You may also set WXSUPPRESS_SIZER_FLAGS_CHECK environment variable to suppress all such checks when running this program.

If you're the developer, simply remove this flag from your code to avoid getting this message. You can also call wxSizerFlags::DisableConsistencyChecks() to globally disable all such checks, but this is strongly not recommended.
1 Like

I got some issues with wxgtk complaining, but after uninstalling audacity which also uninstalled some wxgtk things it worked.

5 posts were split to a new topic: I need wxwidgets-gtk3 3.2.0-3 or higher in order to compile wxmaxima 22.05.0-3

Right after the last update the following script just disappeared from the Kwin Scripts (I installed it from the System Settings before, but now I can’t even find Bismuth available when I just tried to install a new Kwin Script):

Any ideas?

Just one sneaky problem I’ve noticed. For some reason the new version of Audacious refused to play my MPD music streams:

ERROR metadata.cc:386 [read_tag]: An error occurred: FLAC__METADATA_CHAIN_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR

Not sure why it seems to be complaining about FLAC, as my streams were encoded using vorbis. Curiously, changing the streams to FLAC fixes the problem. As They’re only played within my LAN, the extra bandwidth of using FLAC isn’t a problem.

A post was merged into an existing topic: I need wxwidgets-gtk3 3.2.0-3 or higher in order to compile wxmaxima 22.05.0-3

the MENA mirror was not synced it gave a me “failed to retrieve some files” even tho the mirror was up to date. the Global mirror worked with me.

Related to this:

Hi there,

using

sudo pamac update

leads to some dependency warnings. May the ruby-dependency is missing in the ruby-sub-packages?

Warnung: Abhängigkeits-Zyklus entdeckt:
Warnung: ruby-bundler wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden
Warnung: ruby-json wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden
Warnung: ruby-psych wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden
Warnung: ruby-stringio wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden
Warnung: ruby-rdoc wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden
Warnung: ruby-stdlib wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden
Warnung: ruby-stdlib wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden
Warnung: ruby-minitest wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden
Warnung: ruby-power_assert wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden
Warnung: ruby-rake wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden
Warnung: ruby-rexml wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden
Warnung: ruby-test-unit wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit ruby installiert werden

Ruby is already installed on my system. Do you have any recommendations on this?

Hello,

Nothing to worry about. Its a dependency cycle. I had that as well, only in english :slight_smile:
It will install those before ruby.

Cheers…

P.S

Its upgrading… to 3.0.4-2 I think…

Thanks, update is finished and seems to be fine. :slight_smile:

After the update I could not connect to my bluetooth keyboard in KDE, it always ended in a failure when trying in bluetooth settings. So I tried the command line but somehow bluetoothctl was not installed anymore. After installing bluez-utils I tried again with the settings gui and this time it worked.
No idea what happened. I checked my pacman.log

cat pacman.log | grep bluez-utils
[2022-07-20T12:04:50+0200] [PACMAN] Running 'pacman -S bluez-utils'
[2022-07-20T12:04:55+0200] [ALPM] installed bluez-utils (5.64-2)

bluez-utils was never installed?? But I clearly remember using bluetoothctl to connect my keyboard in the past.
Any ideas?

see: [SOLVED] No sound from USB DAC (MOTU M2)

solution for no sound from USB DAC (may or may not be specific to the MOTU M2)…

downgrade alsa-ucm-conf to 1.2.7.1-1 - this may be enough by itself to restore sound, but if not…

downgrade alsa-lib to 1.2.7.1-1 version

in my case power cycling the DAC was enough to restore sound (no reboot)

references…

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
ruby-bundler: /usr/bin/bundle exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I’ve got the same error.

A post was split to a new topic: It appears that the Pulseaudio environment will be replaced by Pipewire in the July 12 update