[Stable Update] 2022-05-13 - Kernels, Mesa, Nvidia, Gnome 42, PipeWire, LIbreOffice, KDE Gear & Frameworks, Virtualbox, Qemu 7.0

6 posts were split to a new topic: Failed to build libmediawiki

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: I cannot upgrade libkipi

i got an error while updating

:: installing icu (71.1-1) breaks dependency ‘libicuuc.so=70-64’ required by harfbuzz-icu
:: installing icu (71.1-1) breaks dependency ‘icu<70.2’ required by manjaro-settings-manager
:: installing icu (71.1-1) breaks dependency ‘libicuuc.so=70-64’ required by raptor

anyone know how to fix it?

Probably not fully synced mirror.

i did sudo pacman-mirrors it looks like my mirror is ok

[sudo] password for lunarfox:
Pacman-mirrors version 4.23.2
Local mirror status for stable branch
Mirror #1 OK 00:33 Australia https:// manjaro.lucassymons. net/

After the update I am experiencing problems starting JOSM, a Java application via .jnlp, console output giving me this:

[xxx@xxx ~]$ /usr/share/icedtea-web/bin/javaws "https://josm.openstreetmap.de/download/josm.jnlp"
selected jre: /usr/lib/jvm/default-runtime
Warning!, Fall back in resolve_jar to hardcoded paths: 
/usr/share/java/js.jar
WARNING: package sun.applet not in java.desktop
WARNING: package com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl not in java.base
WARNING: package javax.jnlp not in java.desktop
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The Security Manager is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
        at java.base/java.lang.System.setSecurityManager(System.java:416)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.JNLPRuntime.initialize(JNLPRuntime.java:268)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.Boot.init(Boot.java:353)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.JnlpBoot.run(JnlpBoot.java:58)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.Boot.run(Boot.java:274)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.Boot.run(Boot.java:63)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:318)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.Boot.main(Boot.java:214)

Update:

The issue applies only to java-18-openjdk, no problems with java-17-openjdk.

1 Like

i fixed it it seems all i had to do was restart

i got an error while updating
:: installing icu (71.1-1) breaks dependency ‘libicuuc.so=70-64’ required by harfbuzz-icu
:: installing icu (71.1-1) breaks dependency ‘icu<70.2’ required by manjaro-settings-manager
:: installing icu (71.1-1) breaks dependency ‘libicuuc.so=70-64’ required by raptor

This is fixed. we missed to update that particular linux516-nvidia package.

1 Like

The libkipi issue is a problem with the key. Using Pamac, I trusted the source (after all, so far the library has been working just fine), and was able to update the package.
Remember, though, that it’s an AUR library -no guarantees that it won’t give you a headache.

3 Likes

Just about everything seems to be working fine on my GNOME + Nvidia system. However, it looks like the option for a GNOME Wayland session has disappeared from GDM’s lower-right corner options menu. Anyone know what I can do to get it back? I’m using the 510.68.02 proprietary driver.

This is fixed. we missed to update that particular linux516-nvidia package.

Or
reboot on kernel 5.15 LTS , remove 5.16
do update and add kernel 5.17

Some packages always want to upgrade to AUR version. They are abandoned in Arch/Manjaro repo? Stellarium, kipi-plugins, libkipi, libvkontakte, they didn’t get an update in repo? Or someone tries to scam thru AUR?

1 Like

OpenCL stopped working after the update. Even clinfo shows 0 platforms.

Error message: clGetPlatformIDs(0, 0, &num_platforms) returned -1001

This in on an intel HD 520 graphics machine (i5-6200U) running kernel 5.15.38-1. Following packages are installed (I believe these are the relevant ones):

intel-compute-runtime 22.18.23063-1
intel-gmmlib 22.1.2-1
intel-graphics-compiler 1:1.0.11104-1
opencl-clhpp 2.0.16-1
opencl-headers 2:2022.01.04-1

Previously (before the update), OpenCl was working but only with the AUR version of intel-graphics-compiler. After this update, neither the AUR nor the Manjaro repository versions are helping. The issue might be somewhere else.

If anyone could suggest what I should it, I would really appreciate it.

More than 430 updated packages, 1.9GB of downloaded data. Process took ~8 minutes and one restart - and everything looks fine. Teams is working, so does KVM/Qemu - these are usually my major pain points. I’m impressed, well done.

EDIT: GNOME on 5.17 kernel, x.org instead of Wayland, btrfs root fs, AMD Ryzen 9

1 Like

After upgrade+reboot my keyboard stopped working. Any ideas?

Was this update a large one for everyone else too?
Usually it’s about 1.9GB with my setup, but this time it’s 2.9.

KB is it connected directly to the pc – or via some dock/hub? PS/2 or USB?

Attempting to install this update produced an error about unable to install nvidia drivers utils, it kept saying kernel required this version, which was all my kernels so uninstalling all the kernels and letting the update complete and then I reinstalled two kernels 517 and 515 and I am met with infinite loading screen of / now how I fixed it was by using this key combo to enter tty3 ctrl + alt + 3 and I was able to see that some how the nvidia kernel module wasnt installed, installing that fixed it, took me 30 minutes though so im not happy…

I just updated and since, a ls -l or running flatpak app is very long (around 30s vs immediate for a normal ls). I am using a LUKS filesystem

> time ls
real	0m0,002s
user	0m0,002s
sys	0m0,000s

> time ls -l
real	1m30,297s
user	0m0,007s
sys	0m0,001s

Hi Team,
Some of you might face issues as I did, with Postgres upgrading to major version 14.
Please follow this link.

1 Like