[Stable Update] 2022-02-27 - Kernels, Mesa 21.3.7, Plasma 5.24.2, Frameworks 5.91, Pipewire 0.3.47, Toolchain, Gstreamer 1.20, Nvidia 510.54

Also had this issue with iwlwifi, on an AC 9560 chipset. Downgrading linux-firmware to the previous version restored functionality. On stable branch, this can be done using:
DOWNGRADE_FROM_ALA=1 downgrade linux-firmware
and choose an earlier version of the package. Not the best solution, but it gets everything working.

I do not have such issue with Dolphin, displays Thumbnails as usual. Try co cleanup ~/.cache/dolphin or settings

@CarlLaFong Yes, i have this as well.

All my issues except for sound with pipewire.
Right now with pipewire 0.3.47 if the sound is 5.1 mpv plays everything silently, bomi however plays everything loud and clear. If i rever to 0.3.40 mpv plays just fine. Previously mpv had errors in consoles with 0.3.45 now it doesn’t but the problem persists.

You are a hero.

1 Like

Good morning,
since the update my email program Mailspring is not working anymore. It crashes when I start it:

   ~  mailspring                                                       ✔ 
Running database migrations
App load time: 139ms

{"error":null}
(electron) The default value of app.allowRendererProcessReuse is deprecated, it is currently "false".  It will change to be "true" in Electron 9.  For more information please check https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/18397
Manual update check (updates.getmailspring.com/check/linux/x64/1.9.2-6e14dad1/1f38b6bb-ae93-41aa-a4a3-dcbfa80bce00/stable) returned 204
[8490:0228/075558.102960:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(1034)] The display compositor is frequently crashing. Goodbye.
Failed to get crash dump id.
Report Id: {"success":true}
Failed to get crash dump id.
Report Id: {"success":true}
zsh: illegal hardware instruction (core dumped)  mailspring

@thorsten79 See latest comments on AUR page → AUR (en) - mailspring

We’re talking ‘bout a update here, not the in-laws’ cooking!

Just for fun, here’s a comparison of the gnome ISOs for 21.2.2 and 21.2.4:

23.215 bytes  1124 lines  manjaro-gnome-21.2.2-220123-linux515.iso.pkgs
19.590 bytes   968 lines  manjaro-gnome-21.2.2-minimal-220123-linux515.iso.pkgs

21.901 bytes  1073 lines  manjaro-gnome-21.2.4-220227-linux515.iso.pkgs
15.497 bytes   788 lines  manjaro-gnome-21.2.4-minimal-220227-linux515.iso.pkgs

21.2.2 minimal to full lines reduction: 86%
21.2.4 minimal to full lines reduction: 73%

So, that’s rather a lot of stuff stripped off without making an announcement! And for me, this will make the minimal ISO useless (too many things to install manually).

But I agree that this might be more in line with the expectations of a minimal install. I just wish it would have been announced.

Thank you! I will try upgrading everything but linux-firmware and see if that works.
Btw. I downgraded everything using pacman, so for me

pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/linux-firmware-20220119.0c6a7b3-3-any.pkg.tar.zst /var/cache/pacman/pkg/linux-firmware-whence-20220119.0c6a7b3-3-any.pkg.tar.zst

probably did the trick before, but then again I just foolishly downgraded everything :wink:

I just joined this forum because of this. i have erratic (or mainly none) thumbnails showing for video files in KDE dolphin. It seems as though some folders show them but most dont. Especially when I mount a second HD on my desktop at which point none work. ONLY since this last update. I checked the dolphin settings as in this thread, all are ticked, nothing changed.
I dont have separate gpu just intel integrated sandy bridge. no probs before.

Try clearing Plasma cache:

rm ~/.cache/*plasma* ; killall plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell

Thanks I got it! Non primary drives are considered “remote” now, so I had to activate previews for remote file.
Note that contrary to the primary drive, the size limit also applies to video files on remote files.

1 Like

Thanks -it’s working now, using Breath.

1 Like

TeamSpeak 3 stopped working after this update, running it from a terminal print this:

QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath: Please instantiate the QApplication object first

someone have the same problem?

thanks, that worked for me too

2 Likes

The downloads page at the official website is still containing 21.2.2 release though…

a little more effort with a simple diff between the two package list files would have got you what you wanted, without you depending on someone to do it for you

Hi, after update I can’t mount any external storage, like flash disc… I use KDE plasma. Tried on latest kernel and also on 5.10. Can you help me please?

Had same problem. Removing kdebase-runtime works for me.

Ok, just to clarify:

1. I’ve been happily installing the minimal ISO for quite some time now. Leaving out so many packages would have been worth an announcement IMHO - just for lazy people like me, who usually don’t make diffs of package lists and try to figure out if something’s missing.
  2. Please someone answer: is this going to be the minimal gnome ISO standard now? Then I’ll switch to the full release and will continue to be a happy Manjaro user…

My installation of matlab from AUR as stated in the comments over there and in this thread broke with this update. After installing libxcrypt-compat all was fine again. Thanks for even putting this package into the repos!

1 Like