[Stable Update] 2022-02-27 - Kernels, Mesa 21.3.7, Plasma 5.24.2, Frameworks 5.91, Pipewire 0.3.47, Toolchain, Gstreamer 1.20, Nvidia 510.54

Hello,

This is for the users that still use nvidia-340 driver.
I ran into unable to compile error with exit code 10 ( its not that important ).

The important thing is:
You will have a make.log file and in there the error states that its a mismatch gcc compiler 11.1 → 11.2

In order to fix this you will

1. open /etc/profile and at the end of the file add export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1
  2. Reboot.
  3. You will be greeted by black screen. Don’t panic :slight_smile: Go to tty login as root and run
    dkms autoinstall
  4. Reboot.

That’s it.

It worked for me.

Cheers…

7 Likes

Desktop environment: XFCE

xpad preference “Tray left mouse click behavior” no longer functions with this version 5.5.0-1 update. Tray icon left mouse click behavior is now identical to right mouse click behavior. Had to downgrade to version 5.4.0-2.

xpad_tray_left_mouse_click_behavior

Thanks it worked! All the best, take care!

Dolphin doesn’t display file thumbnails since this update.

1 Like

After update wifi stopped working i.e. connecting, bluetooth was always disabled after reboot, but worked once enabled. Wired network worked but chromium hat connection issues to random websites. Completely unsure why, couldn’t find any obvious issues via journal. Occurred in kernels 5.16, 5.15 and 5.10, reboot made it get stuck at a black screen while shutting down. I rolled back everything to old versions to make it work again, since it’s a work laptop, so I’ll need to have it working tomorrow. Anyone experienced similar issues?

Network:
  Device-1: Intel Comet Lake PCH CNVi WiFi driver: iwlwifi v: kernel
    bus-ID: 00:14.3 chip-ID: 8086:06f0 class-ID: 0280
  Device-2: Intel Ethernet I219-LM vendor: Lenovo driver: e1000e v: kernel
    port: N/A bus-ID: 00:1f.6 chip-ID: 8086:0d4c class-ID: 0200

Thanks for your very good explanation. That helps a lot. It is always helpful to include solutions like you did. Thanks so much for your help. :grinning:

Just updated my Manjaro KDE with this new update.
Regardless of whether Dolphin’s “Open new folders in tabs” is selected or not, all new folders are opened as tabs.
This appears to be a brand new bug, just introduced, as until yesterday, Dolphin was operating correctly.

So, I always like to install the Gnome minimal ISO. Installation as a VirtualBox guest went well, but the desktop really looks “minimal” this time (compared to 21.2.2): no Gnome Layouts Manager, no Gnome Tweaks, no pre-installed themes (I like to use Matcha-azul), no Dash to Dock … and the list goes on.

Is this by accident, or is it the new minimal standard (I hope not!)?

3 Likes

Thank you jrichard326. I am on it :slightly_smiling_face:

So i have i3 installed alongside KDE (Seperate login). Everything was running smoothly, but after the update i have problems with transparency in i3. Everything that should be transparent is black. Tried copying over my picom backup, but that doesnt solve the problem :confused:

I am seeing this also.

Hmm, I’m not having this issue post update. @Loacoon and @Tickles, have you confirmed the Dolphin Hamburger Menu=>Configure=>Configure Dolphin=>General=>Preview settings are set to your liking? Just thinking they might have somehow changed; here are what my Preview settings look like:
Screenshot_20220227_163525
Make sure the file types you want previewed are selected, and if the “Skip Previews” setting(s) is set too low/small… files will be skipped because of their size.

1 Like
Found icon of unknown type 'unknown' in 'system/flatpak/flatpak/cc.nift.nsm/*', skipping it.

Has anyone else been getting this warning for the last several updates when “Updating the appstream cache”? I’ve searched online and it appears to be an issue upstream. I don’t even use flatpak!

It doesn’t seem to be an important issue but it would be nice to find a resolution so the message would go away. :smiley:

I have Atom installed from the official repository. Version 1.58.0.
Before the update it worked fine. Now it doesn’t start anymore.

I have tried to uninstall-reinstall Atom but nothing changes.
Then I have installed Atom from flatpack (note: version on flatpack is 1.59.0).
This one seems to work fine.

I don’t seem to be having any trouble so far. However, the Accent Colours for KDE 24.2 seem to be working a tad erratically: in Dolphin, Settings, etc my new purple highlight/accent looks just the way I want it to, but in my Slide VD Switcher, the VD I switch to is still highlighted green; the same is happening in KRunner.

Dolphin looks like this:

Very minor, but it would be nice if Accent Colours really did apply across the board.

Once more, you guys leave me utterly impressed with your work. I adore Manjaro, and more each day!

Check to make sure you are using a “Plasma Style” that Follows colour scheme… there are two choices (that I see) that do that:

1. Breath
    Follows colour scheme
  2. Breeze
    Follows colour scheme

1 Like

The bars in the Individual Core Usage KDE widget got way thicker, is there a way to revert?

I haven’t looked at the minimal install for awhile but a minimal install should be just that. The things you are a pointing out as missing are all optional things that may make life easier or make the UI look prettier but none of that is require to have a minimal working operating system. The whole point of the minimal install is to have a bare bones working system that you can then customize from that point. Things like dash to dock, layouts managers, etc are all optional things that are not required for a working system but can easily be installed.

If that is the way it is now I have to admit I’m actually glad to hear they made the minimal install more true to it’s purpose as the last time I used the minimal install it was starting to get a little bloated with unnecessary bloat.

For some reason, pacman crashed when running the post-transaction hooks for the upgrade.

:: Running post-transaction hooks...
( 1/32) Creating system user accounts...
Creating group 'tss' with GID 961.
Creating user 'tss' (tss user for tpm2) with UID 961 and GID 961.
( 2/32) Registering binary formats...
( 3/32) Updating journal message catalog...
( 4/32) Reloading system manager configuration...
( 5/32) Updating udev hardware database...
~ ❯ paru                                                                                                                                                          5m 0s
:: Pacman is currently in use, please wait...
^C

(5m 0s is the runtime of pacman)
It failed somewhere in the systemd-hwdb hook according to /var/log/pacman.log, but I didn’t want to investigate further.

I managed to re-run the hooks by simply reinstalling all the packages through pacman:

1. Use the pacman console output or pacman.log file to get a list of all the packages that were updated (needs some text manipulation hackery, I used sublime text’s find+replace with regex captures; you could maybe use awk for the same)
  2. Copy them into clipboard (space/newline separated)
  3. pacman -S $(clippaste) (I could’ve pasted it directly, but didn’t want to pollute my shell history)

This reinstalled all the packages, and ran the post-transaction hooks.

The update itself went fine but I’m noticing the pamac tray keeps telling me there are 4 updates. But when I launch pamac it finds none. Rebooted multiple times and ran both pamac & pacman cli’s both report up to date.
So a little pamac/pamac tray bug ?