[Stable Update] 2022-02-05 - Kernels, LibreOffice, KDE Gear, Nvidia, Calamares, VirtualBox, Pipewire, Mesa, Systemd

This package linux-rt-lts-manjaro doesn’t exist in Manjaro, remove it. Also post complete message, best thing to do is to open a support thread for your issue, if removing this non existent package doesn’t fix the issue. Same as above.

//EDIT: instead of replying useless obvious info, can you read and apply what I wrote? Remove this linux-rt-lts-manjaro package before the update.

sudo pacman -Rdd linux-rt-lts-manjaro

1 Like

This message is generated automatically when attempted to apply the recent update.

Your recommendation has fixed this issue.

Thank You!

There’s been a lot of work the last two stable releases on pamac, where they introduced a way to restore the original “ALL” search to include AUR; without hammering the AUR servers. The new code works with a downloaded AUR json cache file which pamac will search locally.

My understanding from one of the earlier topics (in another thread) was some folks on systems with lower resources were watching their RAM usage spike which was causing the slowdown. Basically because the /var/tmp/pamac-build-<userid>/packages-meta-ext-v1.json.gz uncompressed is ~38.8Mb, and parsing a file that large can tax lower spec’d systems with low free RAM or those paging to the swap file frequently.

But as I mentioned, we’ve been seeing a lot of pamac updates over the recent stable builds, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a known issue that is being worked on.

2 Likes

Yes, my system is fully up to date.

I’m actually noticing that if I give it a minute to “settle”, it is far more responsive as I type in search queries. Things become instant again.

I’m wondering if it’s just hiccupping a bit while searching the AUR in “all”. I remember this feature had been disabled a few patches ago, and you had to manually search the AUR by opening up that submenu in pamac.

EDIT: Thanks @Daniel-I above for the explanation.

1 Like

Edit - Not Manjaro issue:
It was not an issue related to manjaro and ipython dependencies, I found it was a problem on my neovim config, more specifically, related to the order I was setting python3_host_prog (check :help python3_host_prog), and the python-black just brought this issue to light. After fixing it in my nvim config, everything is working fine, and nvim is starting up as usual.

Old:
After updating my neovim got a slow startup up, I found that the file /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/plugin/black.vim owned by python-black was taking more or less 1000ms to load.

Checking the update log, I found that python-black was installed as a new ipython dependency.
So I had to remove python-black and consequently ipython packages to get my neovim back to normal.

The python-black was introduced as ipython in this change.

If you people know how something about python-black causing slowness in neovim startup and how to fix it without having to remove ipython, please let me know!

I want to make a ISO for this update, how can I do?

Stuck on login screen. No mouse, no keyboard response. Will try to restore previous version with timeshift. This also, happened a few updates before. Not sure what the issue.
Edit: now i can’t boot into system… I think it is because i didn’t uncheck reinstall Grub option in Timeshift… now i get error symbol ‘grub_is_lockdown’ not found.
grub fixed with efibootmgr, and turns for some reason i had libinput-multiplier from AUR instead of main repo libinput, and after update it deleted aur package so i had no libinput on boot. found solution in this thread, but message was hidden for some reason.

Pls see first post of this thread for latest 21.2.3 ISO links.

Thanks! I didn’t see the ISO on Releases

and the download is still 21.2.2 here:

https://manjaro.org/download/

Ok, the NVIDIA drivers over MHWD without version indicator like video-nvidia , video-hybrid-amd-nvidia-prime or video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime are all on this new nvidia driver 510.47?

Yes, you can see the version in the package info itself, for example from Pamac look for mhwd-nvidia or the specific kernel module like linux515-nvidia, or from Pacman search for Nvidia and look through the results pacman -Ss nvidia

1 Like

It takes us some time to test the images before they go to our homepage. You’re welcome to test them out and give us feedback.

VMware® Workstation 16 Player wont start after update due to missing modules .
Solution , sudo vmware-modconfig --console --install-all .

Audio over HDMI not working after update, internal speakers and bluetooth headphones are working.

I removed pipewire-jack before the update. Afterwards I when I had no audio I realized that I should have removed jack2, so I removed jack2 and lib32-jack2 and reinstalled pipewire-jack.

I’ve tried to solve this for hours now without success. I have no idea where to look or what might be the issue.

Some time ago I had replaced pulseaudio with pipewire, but had no issues with that so far.

Did you read the issues/solution in second post (always read them before updating)? Did you search the forum?

PS it is rhetorical question, don’t answer them, do it.

PS2: there is also the metapackage manjaro-pipewire to setup Pipewire on Manjaro.

Yes I’ve read the second post and a lot of this thread, although I should have done that before the update and not afterwards.

If you mean the issue with the nvidia-prime drivers I don’t have them installed and the config file does not exist on my system. For some reason some mhwd-nvidia packages are installed, but I am pretty sure I only have the internal Intel graphics in my notebook.

I’ve also tried installing manjaro-pipewire but it was already installed.

So if I missed something obvious I’d be happy if you point me to it.

I’ll point you up to the support forum to open a support thread then.

Obviously I was talking about the issues and solution about Pipewire and Jack2 (not nvidia-prime why would you bring that up?), for the MHWD package don’t remove it, this is expected to be on all systems.

A post was split to a new topic: Error: config ‘video-nvidia’ conflicts with config(s): video-nvidia-470xx

I had to symlink an old libffi.7 from my backup for many AUR packages and DKMS to work

No, you need to rebuild the affected AUR packages instead.

1 Like