[Stable Update] 2021-09-16 - Kernels, Steam, Pipewire, Firefox, Thunderbird, Pamac, Pacman

Firefox reverted to English again, but this time rebooting didn’t fix. I had to add French from the settings, making Firefox download the language pack instead of using the already installed firefox-i18n-fr package.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

The language issue in Firefox got worse with the update from this morning, mixing entries in English and French.

After a few tests, it appeared the issue came from the settings in my profile, as creating a new profile has everything in French as it is supposed to be.
After some tweaking, i managed to come back to a fully French output:

• in Settings > General > Language, remove all French language entries
  • close Firefox
  • make a backup copy of your profile folder (~/.mozilla/firefox/???.default)
  • open Firefox
  • in Help > More troubleshooting information, click on Refresh Firefox
  • let Firefox build a new profile from your previous information; you should now have a language-fixed profile, with your bookmarks but without your customization and extensions
  • close Firefox
  • empty the new profile folder, except ~/.mozilla/firefox/???.default-???/lock
  • copy the whole content of your backup profile folder in the new profile folder, except the lock file
  • open Firefox; you should now have a language-fixed profile, with all your bookmarks, customization and extensions

Considering i technically kept the whole content of my profile, the issue might have come from the cached profile instead, but i didn’t try deleting it (Help > More troubleshooting information > Clear startup cache).

:sweat:

5 Likes

I was having this problem with pt/br language, everything was in english. I deleted the folder .mozilla and .cache/mozilla and everything is working fine now. I lost all my logged in sessions and needed to reconfigure some little things, but it was worth it to me

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot open gnome-control-center