[Stable Update] 2021-07-13 - Kernels, Plasma 5.22, Cinnamon 5, Gnome 40, LibreOffice, Mesa, Nvidia, Pamac

Sounds like not all your mirrors and/or databases are up to date. Those package versions are current with all branches. Update your mirrors and try again:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

Thank you. Fingerprinting is available at Goodix 27c6:5110 support (#376) · Issues · libfprint / libfprint
I will keep a watch on

Since the [Stable Update] 2021-07-13, my audio is acting strangely.
If I have my audio receiver on at bootup, the speakers will output a constant droning noise until just before the Manjaro welcome screen shows up. AFAIK, this is normal, and I interpret this behavior as the audio receiver not receiving anything from the onboard sound card to being controlled by the onboard sound card driver.

Unfortunately, with the latest update, the droning sound comes on for 5-30 seconds, goes away for 2-5 seconds, and repeats the cycle.
The droning sound goes away if an application (web browser, audio player, etc) or the OS (Play audio feedback for changes to audio volume) plays sound. Shortly after I pause a video, song, etc, the droning sound comes back.

I have checked, unplugged, and plugged back in my audio cables, but it made no difference.

Hello,
Thanks’ a lot, your solution worked fine for me :slight_smile:

Pamac 10.1.3-3

Browse Installe Update

spellin error in Installe

Update went fine.

Small trouble with Firefox reverting to English after rebooting the system, the French localization package being installed but not detected. The package was correctly used after rebooting again. :man_shrugging:

May want to explain the issue if any, can’t understand what that means

Hello and thank you for this update - the new look is refreshing!

but after two(?) reboots, I got problems with my graphical login to GNOME:

• Choosing the user label and typing in the password brings me back to login again and again.
  • login on tty works and a “startx” brings up the gnome desktop.

I tried to find the config file "system-auth.pacnew” in /etc/pam.d/ - but there is no such file, only the original “system-auth”.

What do I have to fix to get back to my graphical login of GNOME?
Thank you for your help!

-------edit-------
This may help:
System: Host: thinkpad Kernel: 5.12.16-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.1.0
parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.12-x86_64
root=UUID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ro quiet udev.log_priority=3
Desktop: GNOME 40.3 tk: GTK 3.24.30 wm: gnome-shell dm: GDM 40.0 Distro: Manjaro Linux
base: Arch Linux

Could be Xorg crashing.

What happens if you switch to Wayland? Does that reproduce the same issue?

Thank you for this hint. Does this include the possibility, that firering up X with “startx” runs without any problem? Anyway, I’ll try to switch to wayland. Do I have to install specific packages for this? (silly question…)

1 Like

Hi remark, stupid me, one only has to configure the Night-Switcher to not to switch themes. :crazy_face:

Did that now and…whoa-la…Like magic…it works…

1 Like

Anything new concerning this issue? Has somebody else with encrypted partitions tried the current update?

Xfce, Kernel 4.14.
All fine and smooth; however, I see that now, telegram-desktop, require pipewire which has been installed and activated by default (pipewire.service which is activated by pipewire.socket).
I masked them - the service and the socket, and telegram-desktop is still working fine.

Has been fixed (few minutes ago) by maintainer:

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

I updated apparently successfully, but after a reboot no keyboard (external or laptop – tried around 3 different models) works on tty. I get to see my username and the regular underscore blinking cursor, but no key produces any kind of effect or feedback. It doesn’t work to switch to another tty either. As a result, I can’t even log in.

Before the update, I always logged into X desktop throught the tty without problems.

I found a very temporary solution chrooting, enabling gdm which I keep as backup, and inside GNOME every keyboard works. But surely I’d like to go back to dwm. Switching into a tty from GNOME makes the keyboard unusable again and a hard reboot is required.

• Thinkpad t450s
  • GNOME edition (disabled to use X/dwm)
  • Stable branch
  • Updated via pacman, merged all pacdiff
  • Tried kernels: 5.10.49, 5.9.16, 5.4.121

Thanks!

Try reinstalling plasma-desktop if you haven’t already.

plasma-desktop to fix his GNOME issues? Why?

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Please test gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock 69+14+g302c693-4, I think I may have found the issue.

Figured it out, didn’t see the new “Layouts” application, disabled “Automatic dark theme” and it’s good now

wayland in not there yet, i know xorg is ancient but it is far more mature than wayland.