[Stable Update] 2021-07-13 - Kernels, Plasma 5.22, Cinnamon 5, Gnome 40, LibreOffice, Mesa, Nvidia, Pamac

Thank you for this hint. Does this include the possibility, that firering up X with “startx” runs without any problem? Anyway, I’ll try to switch to wayland. Do I have to install specific packages for this? (silly question…)

1 Like

Hi remark, stupid me, one only has to configure the Night-Switcher to not to switch themes. :crazy_face:

Did that now and…whoa-la…Like magic…it works…

1 Like

Anything new concerning this issue? Has somebody else with encrypted partitions tried the current update?

Xfce, Kernel 4.14.
All fine and smooth; however, I see that now, telegram-desktop, require pipewire which has been installed and activated by default (pipewire.service which is activated by pipewire.socket).
I masked them - the service and the socket, and telegram-desktop is still working fine.

Has been fixed (few minutes ago) by maintainer:

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

I updated apparently successfully, but after a reboot no keyboard (external or laptop – tried around 3 different models) works on tty. I get to see my username and the regular underscore blinking cursor, but no key produces any kind of effect or feedback. It doesn’t work to switch to another tty either. As a result, I can’t even log in.

Before the update, I always logged into X desktop throught the tty without problems.

I found a very temporary solution chrooting, enabling gdm which I keep as backup, and inside GNOME every keyboard works. But surely I’d like to go back to dwm. Switching into a tty from GNOME makes the keyboard unusable again and a hard reboot is required.

• Thinkpad t450s
  • GNOME edition (disabled to use X/dwm)
  • Stable branch
  • Updated via pacman, merged all pacdiff
  • Tried kernels: 5.10.49, 5.9.16, 5.4.121

Thanks!

Try reinstalling plasma-desktop if you haven’t already.

plasma-desktop to fix his GNOME issues? Why?

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Please test gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock 69+14+g302c693-4, I think I may have found the issue.

Figured it out, didn’t see the new “Layouts” application, disabled “Automatic dark theme” and it’s good now

wayland in not there yet, i know xorg is ancient but it is far more mature than wayland.

But in last ISO wayland session is enabled by default and you can choose session.

With mixed (hi)dpi screens the minor inconveniences outweigh the hassle of trying to scale my screen on xorg tbh.

Update broke configuration functionality of dash-to-dock. Does anyone know how to get it working again?

Define that, please. I was hoping 69+14+g302c693-4 fixed the broken settings dialog but haven’t received any feedback yet.

Settings for dash-to-dock can’t be displayed.

No it did not.

I’m getting this error:
The settings of extension dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com had an error:

Error: GSettings key preview-size-scale not found in schema org.gnome.shell.extensions.dash-to-dock

Stack trace:

_checkKey@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:563:23
createCheckedMethod/<@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:515:30
_bindSettings@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/prefs.js:545:81
_init@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/prefs.js:219:14
buildPrefsWidget@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/prefs.js:1013:20
_init@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:209:40
OpenExtensionPrefsAsync/<@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:122:28
asyncCallback@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:115:22
run@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/dbusService.js:177:20
main@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/main.js:19:13
run@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:206:19
start@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:190:8
@/usr/share/gnome-shell/org.gnome.Shell.Extensions:1:17

I have switched from KDE Manjaro to Gnome Manjaro about 2 weeks ago, used the Material Shell with it and absolutely fell in love with the workflow, but this update has caused the Material shell to either break or it has been changed in a way that i can’t use it anymore.

Pressing the super key no longer launches the Gnome Shell/full screen app launcher with virtual desktops visible in vertical(now horizontal, which i am fine with), but instead a different app launcher slides open from the left panel to the right covering not much of the screen. I have checked the hotkeys in both the Material Shell and in Gnome’s settings and i have found no such keybind or problems with it. If i turn the Material Shell extension off, there are no problems, the app launcher/virtual desktop switcher opens normally, but like i said with the Material Shell extension enabled a weird app launcher slides open and super + w doesn’t work either with it, can only go between virtual desktops downwards, must use the mouse instead.

1 Like

I reproduced the issue and it should actually be fixed now with 69+14+g302c693-5. :crossed_fingers:

Nice! When can we expect to see an update?

I just pushed it to all branches, sync with an up to date mirror.

2 Likes