[Stable Update] 2021-04-09 - Kernels, Systemd, Gnome 40 Apps, Mesa 21.0.1, Kernels, Browsers

I spoke too soon:

@philm

This is an issue with 4.17.1 as well. I have posted the issue with xfce.

Edit: fix will be released in versions 4.16.7 and 4.17.2

I had applied the patch that xfce provided and rebuilt 4.17.1 and can verify that the patch works.

As written in the first post:
Only the apps itself are updated to 40.
The shell and therefore the workspace arrangement is not updated as of yet

1 Like

I see that I’m not the only one with a problem with my rights
here are some examples

could not show the contents of the folder, the specified address is not supported

The file "admin:///boot/grub/grub.cfg"could not be opened.
Failed to process the “admin:” addresses.

the file manager does not have a complete translation

p.s. I am grateful to the manjaro team

1 Like

Download Manjaro Torrents :penguin: :blush:

2 Likes

@philm Either wine or mesa is badly broken, I would upgrade the package immediately if possible.

Definitely Mesa, since I tried with the last and older releases of wine-staging.

1 Like

^Same, override doesn’t work with all Wine programs tho.
Some games open and keeps on a black screen, Proton still works for me, although i barely used it.

So, did you tried with export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.4 ?

Yes. same results.

Apparently the same problem here. In updated Gnome Files context menu access to administrator rights for opening folders and editing files returns the errors seen in @VictorSproot post.

1 Like

That one works for me.

Well done, Manjaro Team. No issues on two systems, both XFCE.

1 Like

Please, please, please don’t comment “Everything is fine with my upgrade” but use the voting buttons instead and leave the replies for actual solutions. (Pretty please with :unicorn: :unicorn: :unicorn: and :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: )

I see a lot of issues with the Mesa upgrade and have one more to add. It somehow interferes with my TigerVNC server performance by making a remote session much laggier than before. Downgrading to Mesa version 20.3.4-3 reverts everything to the way it was before.

pamac reinstall <pkgname>

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Some issues on my side:

• No longer able to connect to smb share on the network through nautilus: Other locations → Connect to server - > smb://ip.ad.res.s. (This occurs on all manjaro’s in the household (5x))
  • Fonts look ghastly, like in the Nautilus sidebar, but also here while I am typing. Just read somewhere that he LCD_defualt config file I previously linked to has moved. This must really impact a lot of people. Should it not be written in capitals on the announce page?
  • Dash to dock no longer compatible to the shell theme I previously used. It shifts down by about 10 pixels leaving some empty space above it. ( I switched to another shell theme to fix it)
1 Like

Everything almost went smoothly, apart from a nasty bug with GNOME’s “Select Network” pop-up (in GNOME’S quick settings drop-down menu), preventing it from closing (which makes the computer unusable until hard reset).

3 Likes

These commands in Terminal have fixed the issue for me:

sudo ln -fs /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/11-lcdfilter-default.conf /etc/fonts/conf.d/ to have back the lcd filter (in facts fonts looked a little bit ugly without such conf file)

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Lenovo e585 - ryzen 5 2500u - vega 8