Gaming distro impossible

Good day, second time bad wine-staging “6.5” on testing. This breaks everything and a few months ago break direct input.

No good gaming alternative kernel build, like the fsync ones out there.

No good gaming alternative wine build, not even good media foundation support like other ones.

No “biweekly stable” mesa-dev build, yes mesa-dev has a biweekly stable.

What kind of reply are you hoping to get to this rather cryptic and fact free post?
Someone needs to have a really good crystal ball to respond to whatever your topic was. :wink:

Yeah… I personally don’t understand what OP is trying to get a reply about.

I am a heavy gamer, and I game a ton on Manjaro using Steam, Steam Proton, GloriousEggroll Proton, Lutris, Lutris WINE, WINE, .bin game files, etc

Also… are you saying we don’t have fsync kernels? Our kernels are all patched for fsync. I use it.

2 Likes

Then submit a bug report upstream.

Install mesa-git manually from the AUR (not our repo version, it’s not updated much :man_shrugging: ).

First drop Wine-Staging 6.5, revert to 6.4 and point a tester for future Wine versions. Then forbid random words in the forums like “Proton”, we are not all Americans so let us hear about WINE instead. Then build something instead of suggest AUR --daily-- git builds and things that there aren’t even in AUR, like Wine alternatives that actually do something. I wrote Media Foundation as an example and not to hear “Proton”.

That:

Yes i don’t understand tho notion that “distribute it even if it doesn’t work”. Anyway simple solution for now is to install the downgrade app and downgrade wine-staging to 6.4 from the online repo and not from cache. If that cause interference with a random file then just delete the file with sudo your-file-manager

1 Like

There’s no such thing. The release was deemed stable, then folks found bugs, it was fixed and then there was another release with bug fixes. Rinse and repeat. :wink:

You can install and keep other Wine version, for example in Lutris, this way Wine updates will not break on you.
Also Manjaro doesn’t need to have testers for Wine, if Wine works it comes from Arch to Manjaro, there might be new bug but that’s how it is with latest and greatest, see previous sentence for solution.

What are you talking about? What Americans have to do with Proton/Wine? Do you know what Proton is?

Manjaro doesn’t need to have daily build of MESA, if YOU require the top most utterly fresh builds then the solution was given to you… I don’t know why you’re trying to be annoying like that and nitpicking.

I think you lack communication skills I can’t follow your thoughts, very confused apparently.

In my country Steam is used only for CSGO and that with high latency, so just look at the flag badge and don’t say unrelated things like “Proton”. This forum needs filters because some of you eating our time and not all machines we supervise are commercial, some are business.

For the above reason you should also stop suggesting building from Aur and especially when only daily builds are available. The machines we supervise are not always 64 core machines, some are 4-8 cores and those don’t build something like full Rocm minutes fast but hours slow. Build some bleeding age biweekly Kernel-Mesa-Wine stuff instead, along with the standard ones. Trust me you will lose market share from new Aur based distros if you don’t.

Enough nonsensical, one-sided blathering. If you’re just going to flippantly ignore others attempting to help, then we’re done here.

1 Like