[Stable Update] 2021-03-18 - Kernels, Plasma, Frameworks, LibreOffice, Firefox, Systemd

Regarding the Power Management, only the screen was configured, the system remains as default.

even before the update, I had problems with assigning rights on the hhd disk, but after the update, the same problems appeared already in the home partition, only a reboot helps
gnome

If someone has a similar problem, I have seen in the meantime that my above posted problem was linked by the deletion of one variant of the keyboard layout that I was using. This deletion was done during an update but the keyboard was broadly functional so that I have noticed later that some keys were not functional as they should be.

So I have choised now an other variant of a keyboard layout and I should not encounter this problem any more.

A post was split to a new topic: After restarting the PC the desktop doesn´t show up

It seems that some of us have problems to connect to password protected samba shares with nautilus, thunar and pcmanfm since samba client upgrade to 4.14 :

Did other people have the same problem ?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Removing python2-dbus breaks dependency ‘python2-dbus’ required by key-mon

The error I mentioned previously looks like a driver error, maybe due to the last 5.10 kernel update I think it was from 5.10.18 to 5.10.23. I just turned my desktop on but after logon I was working on the laptop so the the desktop was basically in idle and the GPU driver present error, maybe when KDE tried to turn the screen off, I can’t precisely confirm for a while because it is the first time I was able to use log file properly. If it’s the driver i’m going to wait the next kernel update to see if it will be fixed.

Looks like today (April 9) should be another one stable update (size of download is 1.3GB), but I don’t see any announcement. Maybe that is a mistake so I will just wait while it is announced officially.

I updated 3 non-essential machines already and everything went fine :wink: 2 x Intel video laptop with kernel 5.10 and Cinnamon DE, 1 x Nvidia video desktop with kernel 5.10 and Cinnamon DE.

I am holding off on the essential machines until the announcement has been published.