[Stable Update] 2021-03-08- Kernels, Plasma 5.21.2, Haskell, Kodi, Grub, KDE-Dev

Thanks Hefty!!!

That worked :slight_smile:

But:
I’m on stable branch to NEVER experience such issues!!!

Even grub.pacnew doesn’t contain
“GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false”

Every one with multiboot is in a really bad situation!

Very bad, really!

5 Likes

Hi @Hefty !

Can you include your solution to the problem in " Known issues and solutions" (above)? I think it is quite important and it would make easier to people find it.

Cheers.

1 Like

I found a small bug:
my Windows 10 installation is not found.

2 Likes

My grub didn’t recognize my Windows 10 installation either after this update. The os-prober setting and then running update-grub added it back.

1 Like

If your multiboot Manjaro grub does not include other OS as Windows … see post from Hefty (down)

Hi @Keruskerfuerst,

Have a look at @Hefty solution:

2 Likes

I got

npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/which/bin/node-which exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/scripts/bundle-and-gitignore-deps.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/scripts/resetdeps.sh exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

And so on, what to do.

Was the grub/os-prober change on purpose? Because I think it deserves a proper mention in the announcement.

I have added the mentioned line to /etc/default/grub and
now Windows 10 starts again.

no issues at the first impression but i’ll check a litle bit mor before i vote. Thanks Manjaro-Team for your work.

Related to grub not finding other OSs: It is wanted by upstream to do so for security reasons: broken patch; fixed patch.

1 Like

Windows dual boot broken. Surprisingly, no one checked this before release. It is enough to run update-grub to get problems.

2 Likes

All fine here: linux510 + XFCE + LUKS / BTRFS
possible to update the meta Pakages for linux-lts and linux-latest

@nightmare-2021 and @philm ?

Edit:

Upgraded to linux511 and I removed the Meta packages I do manual Kernel upgrades now mhwd-kernel -i linuxYZZ

Update works fine here without any problems :+1:

Thanks to the manjaro-team.

regards
caho

Update went smoothly here (Lenovo Ideapad 5 14 with AMD 4600U), but wake from standby doesn’t seem to work anymore with kernel 5.11.2 (coming from the 5.10 series).
I briefly see a corrupted screen, then a black screen with mouse pointer, which can still be moved. After a couple of seconds mouse pointer freezes and I have to shut the laptop down…

Went back to 5.10 for now, maybe I’ll retry later with 5.11 series after a couple more fixes.

we might drop both packages with the next stable update cycle …

1 Like

Same here, and to add insult to injury grub style was set to hidden so I was initially completely blind.
Restored style to menu, realised windows had diappeared, so had to reset os_prober in /etc/default/grub as well, grub-mkconfig to check and update-grub to restore in working order.
I really wasn’t expecting to be debugging computers tonight.
M.

There’s a line to add at the beginning of /etc/default/grub, bottom of the first option block :

GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false

Then run grub-mkconfig to check the script, and finally update-grub (as root).

7 Likes

Thanks. Apparently this is now standard grub behavior.

1 Like

All good after update on: Lenovo T420s with Linux 5.10.x and i3.

Big thanks to all involved in the Manjaro’s development.