[Stable Update] 2021-03-08- Kernels, Plasma 5.21.2, Haskell, Kodi, Grub, KDE-Dev

after edit etc/default/grub all is ok

With new chromium 89 : not a bug but a feature :smile: connection to google account is no longer possible

A post was split to a new topic: Icons in System Tray are not normally visible

I also had the GRUB issue and the weird thing is al of a sudden I had an Ubuntu boot option in my BIOS and in the output of sudo efibootmgr -v
Never installed Ubuntu, had a KDE Neon install in the past but I’m 100% sure I already removed all unnecessary boot options in the past.
I have a dual boot system, Manjaro KDE and Manjaro i3 on seperate drives with each their own bootloader.
After adding the GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false to GRUB, reinstalling GRUB on both drives, updating GRUB, running mkinitcpio -P and deleting all unwanted entries in efibootmgr the system seems stable again.

Now I finally can have a bite to eat cause I’m starving!

1 Like

Why that?

3 Likes

Update works fine without any problems.
Thanks to the manjaro-team!

It was a flawless update until I rebooted a second time and noticed my system was booting up straight to Manjaro :neutral_face:

Oh man! my significant would have killed me if she was not able to boot up Windows (I don’t care in my case anyway) :joy:

Adding the line in the GRUB config and running grub-mkconfig and then update-grub as others suggested above worked for me, so no Timeshift for now. :slightly_smiling_face:

To the Team, thanks again. Looks like you guys have been busy rolling out updates every two weeks. What about a little break for summer?? :+1:

2 Likes

Everything went fine. KDE desktop with AMD GPU.
Full support for your right to declare your beliefs, and this case complete support those beliefs as well.

Like many other people, I had to re-enable OS prober 'cause I dual boot with Win10. It’s fine now.

1 Like

Thank you! Same problem here with Grub. This solved the problem :slight_smile:

Thanks @Hefty for the tip.

Had the same problem. I uninstalled npm and then updated everything. Now I have a problem with installing npm again. It says:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)

Same solution for the same issue. Thank you very much! Now everything works fine ! :+1:

Manjaro 20.2.1 XFCE 4.16 with Kernel 5.10 and 5.4 (both with nvidia 340.xx driver): Updated and solved GRUB problem (display and addition of OS prober line). Kernel 5.10.19.1 works perfect, kernel 5.4.101.1 does not work (I will wait for a new update to appear)

Hey, had and still have some issues. First the update didn’t seem to complete properly eventhou it said it did. I had an input output error and couldnt do anything. After a restart only windows was able to start. I chroot with a livedisk and checked the update, pacman db was locked i unlocked it and completed it. Now Grub works again, but Manjaro doesnt start, i only see Manjaro and three dots, first they move then they stopped. I already tried grub-install but that doesnt return anything, i tried pacman -Syyu again, it says that there is an update for grub but i can’t update it because "Grub: file usr/lib/ some files (Many files) is empty or something like that… Can somebody help me pls? I am not so good with linux tbh so pls explain everything step by step :slight_smile:

Flameshot tray icon is a circle with an ‘i’ instead of the proper icon.

1 Like

Philip, you are a true gentleman :wink:

Congratz to all ladies!

The update went smooth, no problems. :slight_smile:

I seem to have a problem with conflicting pipewire-pulse and pulseaudio packages.

looking for conflicting packages…
:: pipewire-pulse and pulseaudio are in conflict. Remove pulseaudio? [y/N] y
:: pipewire-pulse and pulseaudio-bluetooth are in conflict. Remove pulseaudio-bluetooth? [y/N] error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing pulseaudio breaks dependency ‘pulseaudio=14.2-2’ required by pulseaudio-equalizer
:: removing pulseaudio breaks dependency ‘pulseaudio=14.2-2’ required by pulseaudio-jack
:: removing pulseaudio breaks dependency ‘pulseaudio=14.2-2’ required by pulseaudio-lirc
:: removing pulseaudio breaks dependency ‘pulseaudio=14.2-2’ required by pulseaudio-rtp
:: removing pulseaudio breaks dependency ‘pulseaudio=14.2-2’ required by pulseaudio-zeroconf

But if I choose not to remove:

looking for conflicting packages…
:: pipewire-pulse and pulseaudio are in conflict. Remove pulseaudio? [y/N] n
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: pipewire-pulse and pulseaudio are in conflict

Which leaves me in an interesting Catch-22 situation which I’m not sure how to get out of, though I’ll do some experimentation tomorrow on my playground system image and report back.

[EDIT]: I deleted pulseaudio then the upgrade ran successfully. I still have audio, but I see it’s now provided by pipewire-pulse rather than pulse.

2 Likes

When I rebooted the computer GRUB didn’t show up. But when I downgraded it, from 2.04-18 back to 2.04-16, it worked just fine.

Thank you, that helped a LOT!

Thank you Team, smooth update KDE 5.11 here.

Also, the intentional block on OS_Prober and avid immediate discussion how to update Grub here is exactly why I abandoned my thirty year addiction to W five years ago and never looked back.

Manjaro Community FTW