[Stable Update] 2021-02-09 - Kernels, Gnome 40-Alpha, KDE Apps 20.12.2, Systemd, Mesa, LibreOffice

That needs some more probing so open a new issue in the #support:graphic-cards category and provide more information there and link to this post and mention @Fabby

1 Like

Hi, I’ve got a problem since the update. My touchpad just stopped working.

My current setup:

• Thinkpad P14 (identical to the T14) with a Ryzen CPU.
  • KDE
  • Kernel: 5.9.16-1

Does anybody encounter a similar issue?

Update:
Using version 5.10 of the Kernel solved the issue.

That is due to the latest update of papirus icon theme

seems there were some issues with extramodules on linux510. pushed now a new kernel:

https://lists.manjaro.org/pipermail/manjaro-packages/Week-of-Mon-20210208/036022.html
https://lists.manjaro.org/pipermail/manjaro-packages/Week-of-Mon-20210208/036023.html

4 Likes

May be related to the issue reported by @cryptocurious .

Great update! No issues! Everthing ok in KDE
Thanks Manjaro Team :grinning: :+1:

A post was split to a new topic: Error with wps-office

Hey guys, I made my update today. GNOME.
Had the issue with the locale, otherwise it looks good.
I applied the fix as mentioned here and it worked.

Cheers!

1 Like

Updated successfully without any problems.

Running 5.4.95, KDE Plasma

Thanks, Team!!

Grub created a pacnew:

warning: /etc/default/grub installed as /etc/default/grub.pacnew

which is remonving the apparmor activation:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet apparmor=1 security=apparmor udev.log_priority=3"

becomes

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet udev.log_priority=3"  

Is it safe to replace with pacsave?

dav1d update seems to have caused a lot of problems. A lot of software, including OpenMW and a bunch of KDE stuff like Kontact are failing to start because they can’t find libdav1d.so.4 because it’s now libdav1d.so.5.

That’s why the update creates a .pacnew: for you to decide whether to keep apparmor or not. (I kept it)

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I just upgraded and try to fix the PulseEffects issue.

I figured there is a manjaro-pipewire in the Community repo, and one in the Extra repo. Even after refreshing databases. Which one to pick?

Also, at both of them, I get opted to get pulseaudio removed:

✔ ~ [master L|✚ 1] 
23:14 $ LANG=C yay -Ss manjaro-pipewire
community/manjaro-pipewire 20210102-1 (7.7 KiB 0.0 B) 
    Meta package for pipewire support.
extra/manjaro-pipewire 20210109-1 (2.1 KiB 0.0 B) 
    Meta package for pipewire support.
✔ ~ [master L|✚ 1] 
23:15 $ LANG=C yay -S manjaro-pipewire
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: pipewire-pulse and pulseaudio are in conflict. Remove pulseaudio? [y/N] N
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: pipewire-pulse and pulseaudio are in conflict
error installing repo packages

While I would love to remove any farts of Lennart Pöttering off my system (without removing any functionality), removing pulseaudio would likely result in a machine with not working audio.

Any ideas? :thinking:

Install PulseEffect Legacy (version 4.xx) from AUR OFFICIAL REPOS (just noticed it is in the Manjaro repos), as suggested on PulseEffect official documentation, if you don’t use PipeWire.

1 Like

KDE, Linux510: Update went mostly fine for me. Restarted just fine. Xpad & KGet wouldn’t open. After one restart Xpad came back, but KGet did not. Several restarts later, no difference. Launching from terminal only gives me this:

Icon theme "ubuntu-mono-dark" not found.
Icon theme "Mint-X" not found.
Icon theme "elementary" not found.

All other Plasma apps (that I’ve tried) seem to run fine. Everything else is is doing great. Thank you and keep up the great work!

Thank you very much Manjaro team for this update.

I had one problem: lrcalc in conflict with lrcalc1 from sage math app.
I updated with --ignore lrcalc
Now have one issue with sage and plot3d.

All the rest is beautiful.
Thanks from MĂ©xico.

Is there an ISO available with this particular update? The latest one here is only the Jan 3rd (previous stable) release.

Hi, just for info. I’m too having problem with PulseEffect - I’ve managed to make it working with help there, but I’m experiencing unexpected errors. Such as, sound works fine, but with new video it stops. PulseEffect freezes etc.

I had some graphic issues (weird snowflakes that look like VRAM overload), terminal crashed after a while, system monitor crashed as well. So, I restarted and now the bar with favourites and open applications was gone. Going Manjaro Hello → Gnome Layout Manager and applying another layout and switching back to the previous one helped and brought the (dynamically disappearing) sidebar back.

Before switching the layout, I saw that under ‘tweaks’, where you can choose a theme, there was no choice for ‘shell’: the drop-down menu was grayed-out and a orange warning triangle was shown.

And the update messed up Kernel 5.9 for me: it goes directly into emergency mode. Last time I solved this be re-installing the kernel. I’m on 5.4 for now.

Those do not get updated every time an update comes in but only 3→4 times/year.

1 Like