[Stable Update] 2020-08-16 - Kernels, Plasma, KDE Framework, Systemd, Pamac, VirtualBox, Firefox

Thanks. I’m already running the VMs with ohci. Thanks for pinpointing the issue to virtualbox-ext-oracle. I have the previous version on my cache and will install from there.

Do you know if any bug report exists for this issue?

everything went well - except pamac shows google-chrome stable as orphaned package?

Hi everybody,
unfortunately i can’t update my system with KDE, due to a conflict with some files:

errore: impossibile eseguire l'operazione richiesta (file in conflitto)
/usr/lib/plasma-changeicons è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme.so è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kcms/kcm_icons.so è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/config.kcfg/iconssettingsbase.kcfg è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/edit-delete.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/edit-undo.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/get-new-theme.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/index.cache.bz2 è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/index.docbook è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/main.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/edit-delete.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/edit-undo.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/get-new-theme.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/index.cache.bz2 è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/index.docbook è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/main.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/use-of-icons.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kconf_update/icons_remove_effects.upd è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/knsrcfiles/icons.knsrc è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/knsrcfiles/plasma-themes.knsrc è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm5_icons/contents/ui/IconSizePopup.qml è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm5_icons/contents/ui/main.qml è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm5_icons/metadata.desktop è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm5_icons/metadata.json è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/contents/ui/Hand.qml è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/contents/ui/ThemePreview.qml è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/contents/ui/main.qml è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/metadata.desktop è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/metadata.json è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kservices5/kcm_desktoptheme.desktop è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kservices5/kcm_icons.desktop è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
Si sono verificati degli errori, nessun pacchetto è stato aggiornato.

Could anybody help me to fix this issue?
Thanks a lot!
Regards

I think this thread will help you:

Extract from the post:

The first step is to identify which, if any, package owns the file. This can be easily done with:

pacman -Qo /path/to/file

If this identifies a conflicting package you can decide to remove it with pacman -R . If no package is identified you can delete the file, e.g. rm /path/to/file (or move it to a backup location, e.g. mv /path/to/file /path/to/file.backup ).

There is also a fast way to do it.
Please read the entire thread.

1 Like

My bluetooth adapter is no longer recognized and the bluetooth kernel module is not longer loaded at startup. It was previously working before the updated.

Motherboard: X570 AORUS XTREME (rev. 1.0)
WiFi/Bluetooth: Onboard Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax 2T2R & BT 5

I was afraid too, but even as the cosmic noob that I am, I succeeded to update it.

1 Like

Had issues with
sshfs

System did not boot into X as I had an entry in fstab to mount another local PC folder using sshfs. Removed fstab entry to fix the issue.

conky-manager stopped work after last update 5.7.9 -1
it worked fine on 5.6.19-2
Has anyone solved this problem?

google-chrome is not a repo package.
I assume you are referring to the AUR package … which is … well, the AUR - nothing to do with manjaro.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Using kernel 5.8.0-2 on the stable branch. As soon as I updated to Manjaro 20.1 Mikah conky-manager stopped working.

see this for conky

same problem on Manjaro KDE (Linux 5.7.14-1-MANJARO):

[h264_nvenc @ 0x5579d3274ac0] Driver does not support the required nvenc API version. Required: 10.0 Found: 9.1
[h264_nvenc @ 0x5579d3274ac0] The minimum required Nvidia driver for nvenc is (unknown) or newer

All went well with my update. I was slightly concerned before installing new kernel (5.7.14) as I have an encrypted drive. However there was no issue.

||||||||| ||||   myPC@myPC 
||||||||| ||||   ---------------------- 
||||      ||||   OS: Manjaro Linux x86_64 
|||| |||| ||||   Host: 20QVCTO1WW ThinkPad X1 Extreme 2nd 
|||| |||| ||||   Kernel: 5.7.14-1-MANJARO 
|||| |||| ||||   Uptime: 18m 
|||| |||| ||||   Packages: 1623 (pacman), 9 (snap) 
                 Resolution: 1080x1920, 1920x1200, 1920x1080 
                 DE: Plasma 5.19.4 
                 WM: KWin 
                 CPU: Intel i7-9750H (12) @ 4.5GHz 
                 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile / Max-Q 
                 GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 
                 Memory: 5615MiB / 31760MiB (17%) 

I’ve back to 5.6.19-2 (been luky to make a buckup by timeshift).

5.6 is end of life, if I was you I’d remove it.

I upgraded my machine in daily use, everything went flawlessly.

After the update and a reboot, I got a wired issue, where the application window freezes but I can move my pointer, access the menu but I am unable to open other applications via the GUI. But able to open them up via terminal. I had to kill all the applications. I again rebooted it’s working fine now.
I run gnome.

Couldn’t update with sudo pacman -Syu for the same reason, files exist in filesystem. Tried via Package Manager and the installation was successful. Got a message that some files were backed up somewhere, now I don’t remember a thing, should pay more attention in the future.

All seems to works fine (Package Manager icon is still black) and grub version is 2.04~manjaro. Was that supposed to happen by itself, I was under the impression that I had to do it manually?

yes I know it’s an AUR package but in this case it seems to be a pamac issue w/ google-chrome it is the only aur package which is marked as orphaned … or should we stop using aur packages now?

AUR packages get orphaned when a maintainer drops it.
It is then (hopefully) picked up by another maintainer.
Many AUR helpers report such package status.
On the other hand … google-chrome is not currently orphaned.

1 Like