Severe problems in Manjaro KDE on a laptop

Hello

Two months ago I finally decided to switch to GNU/Linux, and after some distro hopping i finaly decided to settle on the KDE flavor of Manjaro, which i installed alongside Windows 10. Initially everything went great. Despite having possibly the worst case scenario when it comes to hardware (laptop /w hybrid nvidia gpu and proprietary firmware) i encountered very little problems and adapted to the change quite quickly. Unfortunately, that wasn’t going to last long.

A few weeks ago something started to happen, which i can only describe as the operating system slowly falling apart. First the startup process started to misbehave. All would be fine up untill the login screen, but after signing in it would sometimes show the desktop with icons and all, but no task manager and completely unresponsive to any input, and other times it would just load into a black screen with a cursor. At the time i didn’t try to fix it since after a reboot or two it would go back to normal.

Some time later i noticed the second anomaly: the display settings. Switching the resolution or refresh rate in the GUI version doesn’t do anything. All the options are there, but after applying the settings it just silently switches back to the previous settings. xrandr doesn’t work either, but it at least seems to be trying to. After trying to change anything the screen goes black for around one second and then reverts back with the message “xrandr: Configure crtc 0 failed”.

Soon after bluetooth broke. The service itself is enabed and avaible, but in the GUI settings it reads as disabled, making it impossible to connect to anything through there. By that time the computer also stopped detecting it’s own built-in speakers. They seem to be completely gone from the audio panel.

If all that wasn’t enough, under intense GPU oriented workloads the computer will sometimes suffer gigantic lag spikes leaving it completely frozen for anywhere from thirty seconds to even full minutes.

After spending the last four hours trying out every possible fix i could find online i’m left with not a single one of the above issues fixed.

If you know how to fix even one of those issues, help would be highly appreciated.

Hardware info:
PC: Razer Blade 15 Base (mid 2019)
CPU: Intel i7-9750H
GPU1: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Mobile
GPU2: Intel CoffeeLake-H GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]

Software info:
Kernel: 6.0.2-2-MANJARO
Shell: bash 5.1.16
DE: Plasma 5.25.5
WM: KWin
GPU Driver: 520.56.06 (hybrid)

provide system info:
inxi -Faz
use formatting, click this icon in editor: </>

Hi @ikwiatko, and welcome!

I’m, going to have to ask you to please open a #support thread for each issue you have.

Additionally, in order for us, or anyone for that matter, to be able to provide assistance, more information is necessary. To that end, please see:

Hope you manage!

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

Please edit your post accordingly.