[Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411] Can't see wifi connections after manjaro installation

After manjaro installation I can’t see the list of available wifi’s in network connections. I’m using USB wifi adapter to be able to connect to wifi from my PC, the adapter is tp-link AC1300 if this helps.

nmcli -Nazy

eno1: unavailable
        "Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411"
        ethernet (r8169), D8:5E:D3:58:48:51, hw, mtu 1500

lo: unmanaged
        "lo"
        loopback (unknown), 00:00:00:00:00:00, sw, mtu 65536

Use "nmcli device show" to get complete information about known devices and
"nmcli connection show" to get an overview on active connection profiles.

Consult nmcli(1) and nmcli-examples(7) manual pages for complete usage details.

Shows this, so I thought that this might be a driver issue: right now r8169 is in use. I’ve tried to compile
this drivers manually on my PC because I don’t have internet connection and can’t download drivers via hardware configuration. If there any solution how can I make wifi work on my PC?
here’s my inxi output

inxi -Nazy                                                                           
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
    vendor: Gigabyte driver: r8169 v: kernel pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s
    lanes: 1 port: f000 bus-ID: 04:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:8168 class-ID: 0200

Hi and welcome :wave:

What package (name) are you installing that generates this message?

Why compile them yourself?

You can use the Manjaro Hardware Configuration tool to select the driver, and it will automatically install the needed packages, invoke DKMS, and blacklist the alternative driver.

EDIT: You also need to reboot your system to use the latest installed kernel.

I believe your thread title includes a typo. You meant to write 8168 instead of 8618?

I don’t have ethernet connection so hardware configuration can’t get drivers.
I’ve tinkered with this a little and now I get

no rule to make target ‘PRO’

while trying to compile the drivers
P.S. fixed the typo, thanks

I’m trying to install

this package

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

You do not need to compile drivers from source.

Please post your system info as outlined here so we can see what hardware is reported:

If any more information is needed I’m glad to provide you

nmcli
eno1: unavailable
        "Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411"
        ethernet (r8169), D8:5E:D3:58:48:51, hw, mtu 1500

lo: unmanaged
        "lo"
        loopback (unknown), 00:00:00:00:00:00, sw, mtu 65536

Use "nmcli device show" to get complete information about known devices and
"nmcli connection show" to get an overview on active connection profiles.

Consult nmcli(1) and nmcli-examples(7) manual pages for complete usage details.
sudo modprobe eno1
modprobe: FATAL: Module eno1 not found in directory /lib/modules/5.15.60-1-MANJARO
inxi -Nazy                                                                           
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
    vendor: Gigabyte driver: r8169 v: kernel pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s
    lanes: 1 port: f000 bus-ID: 04:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:8168 class-ID: 0200

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

You already have the r8169 kernel driver installed.

This is an XY Problem: You’re asking about your attempted solution rather than your actual problem . This leads to enormous amounts of wasted time and energy, both on the part of people asking for help, and on the part of those providing help.

But in hardware configuration I can see RTL81111/8168/8411 ethernet controller.without an installed driver. I tried to install it with hardware configuration, but it couldn’t get a driver because I am not connected to the ethernet. I can’t see my wifi (or any wifi) in the list of connections.

If you have a mobile phone, you can use USB Tethering for a temporary internet connection.

Neither can I from your inxi -Nazy output. Are you sure you posted the full result?

Please edit your topic title and first post to describe…

…which you still have not actually told us what it is.

Check your ethernet cables?

Your ethernet RJ45 ports?

Reboot?

Did you manually blacklist anything?

Since you’re trying to compile from source, I’m assuming you might be following online guides that tell you extra steps to do as well.

Thanks. I’ve edited the original post to formulate the problem more clearer and explicit. Also, yes, I’m entirely sure that this is the full result of inxi -Nazy output. I can give full inxi -Fazy if this is needed.

The problem is that I can’t connect via cable, only with wifi. I use wifi adapter to connect my PC, and it works fine in windows, but I can’t make it work in manjaro. Already tried reboot and manjaro reinstall.
I did not blacklist anything and rfkill gives no output.

I’ve managed to get some screenshots. I clearly can see usb wifi adapter using lsusb - it’s TP-LINK Archer, but I still can’t connect to wifi.

im still not sure what do you want to do?
do you want to make your wifi work?
or do you want your ethernet to work?

I wanted to make my wifi work.
I’ve resolved the problem.
What helped:
Installing this driver, then compiling it with make and add to dkms with sudo ./deploy.sh
Thread can be closed, thanks everyone for help

You could have it easier with pamac build rtl88x2bu-dkms-git

See,

Also, please don’t post screenshots of text:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.