Pamac's new look

@medmedin most likely you open an Issue so we can track your complaint. Pamac is Gnome adaptive application now, we will port to GTK4. Currently we are in progress to make Pamac ready for the Mobile Phones, like the Pinephone. Therefore we introduced libhandy and libadwaita for the GTK4 Port.

We are currently concentrating on Gnome and XFCE edition first, to get Pamac ready. Also we don’t support gtk3-nocsd or gtk3-classic, as libhandy and libadwaita only works with CSD enabled. Our focus on theme support is on Adwaita and Matcha. Supporting Plasma with this v10.1.x series is currently secondary, as we first have to finalize the Gnome 40.1 ports.

2 Likes

@omano and @stargazer. Please open an issue regarding the refresh mirror thing, so we can track it. Also explain which visual feedback you guys expect.

I’ll do as I did for the other issues I encountered, I’m just never rushing reports and wait for more user feedback usually when I report an issue, in case the issue is on my side only.

Expected feedback is what apparently happens for others here

Seems like it is not a theme issue, probably screenshot is from GNOME and not KDE. Issue is probably KDE related.

KDE - once i run Refresh database and then run again the Refresh mirrors, the progress bar is no longer shown, that means there is some inconsistency there, but the mirrors do get updated … Just need to click once.

You’re not talking about the same thing at all. Since start user talked about the Refresh Mirrors button in Preferences, Now you talk about the Item in the Menu called Refresh Databases (which this item actually shows the progress you were displaying in screenshot).

I get no progress bar when refreshing mirrors on Cinnamon as well. The theming issue is still there on preferences but the add/remove icons are much better.

Thank you for your hard work and taking feedback onboard @guinux

1 Like

My screenshot shows Refresh mirrors progress bar, and i just mentioned, that i can no longer see the progress bar for Refresh mirrors after i clicked the Refresh database.

We talk about Pamac …

See, Refresh mirrors with feedback progress.

For me it simply never shows any progress when I click the Refresh Mirror button.

And i just told you how i could reproduce what you experienced …

We can have this deaf discussion forever.
For me it simply never shows any progress when I click the Refresh Mirrors button. I don’t click Update Databases beforehand.

I guess this should be reported upstream to the theme author, I just did for Materia theme (guinux confirmed it is theme issue)

1 Like

I think the issue here is, that you might expect a visual feedback in the window you have opened, in this case the preference window, and not on the main application window of Pamac. Especially it might be an issue on mobile, as then the windows are stacked on top of each other. So having the progress bar under the refresh mirrors button would make sense, as on mobile you won’t see the main window not at all.

And again: open issues, otherwise we won’t prioritize them. Most of our developers have no time to lurk into the forums!

Nope, there is no progress at all, in the main window.

I’ve had the same issue on every dark theme I’ve tried, I’ll do some more testing

Try Adwaita-dark it works good. But yeah the Breath-dark has the issue, Materia-dark too, so I don’t know.

1 Like

Is nice to see how the progress from calling me blind a few days back to calling me deaf comes about … You seem to be a very nice and thoughtful person.

Either on my end was a glitch and it showed up, and now no longer shows after doing something else, or is simply a bug … either way, needs investigating, is inconsistent.

I can see the progress bar for refresh mirrors while in the output progress

@bogdancovaciu see here: Pamac's new look - #112 by philm

1 Like

The thing is, now i can no longer see the progress bar on main window. Once i Refreshed database and had that visual feedback, rebooted the system, opened pamac, went to Preferences and in General click on Refresh mirrors, i have the same issue is described by @omano

If i then go to do a transaction, then click on the details/switch to console output button
then go to preferences again and click on refresh mirror, the visual feedback is there … still not consistent.

I think you should probably make some efforts to stop taking every word independently, outside of their sentences, as personal attacks, I never called you blind, I never called you deaf. Why are you trying to make it a fight every time someone writes?

You seem to be a trouble maker… I can play this game too… this is going nowhere though.

I’ll report on the issue on Gitlab now (//EDIT done [mobile][10.1.x] Progress of refreshing Mirrors is only shown in main window (#1030) · Issues · Applications / pamac · GitLab), and as the other thread (where you deleted my message without notice by the way), I’ll now stop replying to this one too.

2 Likes

Why do you always imply i do it as a fight? I’m never visceral about this things …

That is the issue. Your negative opinion about what and who i am …

Right back at you. :wink:

10.1.x might still have some regressions due to the transition to mobile features. Without having issues reported on our gitlab instance, it is hard to track them. Also most of the threads have personal opinions added and some chatter, which makes it hard for our developers to find the proper information they need. Therefore our forum staff might comment and filter out things for our developers. Time is precious, so don’t waste it with nonsense …

6 Likes