Nvidia-Utils-Nvlax

Not sure if this belongs here.

Im trying to build Nvidia-Utils-NVLAX as I’m having issues with screen tearing whilst streaming and that seems to be the universally accepted solution. Annoyingly I can’t build it as it throws a dependency error for lib32-nvidia.

How would I go about updating the drivers?

Thanks

Hi @MrPickles, and welcome!

In order for us, or anyone for that matter, to be able to provide assistance, more information is necessary. To that end, please see:

Hope you manage!

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Please also provide the output for:

pamac build nvidia-utils-nvlax

Hi @Mirdarthos

So this is the terminal output for Pamac

Checking nvidia-utils-nvlax dependencies...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- removing nvidia-utils breaks dependency 'nvidia-utils=525.60.11' required by lib32-nvidia-utils

Which seems confusing as its essentially the same file is it not?

I have noticed the package version is newer than the one in the official repository.

It is an AUR package. You’re likely on your own for this.

Are you sure that you need this package?

I’ve been trying all the workarounds proposed in the Sunshine Git to fix the screen tear issues with no luck.

Annoyingly this seems to be the fix that works for the majority of users. =/

It will not work/build as Nvidia-Utils-NVLAX requires Nvidia Driver/Utils 525.78.01 (525.78.01-1) and Manjaro is still using Driver 525.60.11 (520.60.11-2).

Ahh thank you I thought this may be the case. I don’t really want to distrohop but this feature is important for my setup. Do you think once the Driver is updated I will be able to make it work?

You could switch to the testing or better the unstable branch.
It is closer to arch and will work better with the AUR.

I was just thinking that might be the way to go.

Thank you for your help =]

It should build with out problems once Manjaro has the same driver version, but remember that when the next driver update happens on Arch Linux then Nvidia-Utils-NVLAX gets updated it will either break manjaro or break updates from working until Manjaro catches up on the Nvidia Driver.

As mithrial has said you would be better off taking a chance with Unstable or maybe Testing if your going to try using Nvidia-Utils-NVLAX.