Laptop shuts down after closing the lid after the update

I updated the packages and now laptop shuts down after I close the lid.

Why is it happening if I did not request it? Were the updates tinkering with BIOS?

the fix/corrective-action depends on which desktop-environment you are in. please provide more info.

inxi -v7azy
KDE Plasma v: 5.27.4 

Hi @carpe,

In order for us, or anyone for that matter, to be able to provide assistance, more information is necessary. To that end, please see:

Hope you manage!

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Please edit your post accordingly.

1 Like

it’s unlikely a update will change system settings, but you can start by going to system settings → power management → button events handling → when laptop lid closes and check whether it is set to shut down. if this is not the cause there is nothing we can do without more info

it is set to Sleep

What information would you need?

I am pretty sure it is an update, I have had this before and after a while it fixed itself, now I just updated the system and I saw that there were kernel updates linux-515 or something like that and after that this thing happened again.

So my settings are the following:

On AC Power:
When laptop lid is closed - Sleep

On Battery:
When laptop lid is closed - Turn off screen

when the laptop is plugged in after I close the lid laptop shuts down instead of sleep.
When on battery power it does not.

I suspect there is something wrong with the setting ‘Sleep’ here?

No.

See the responses you received last week above. :point_up: