Not able to boot Manjaro USB

I have found here great tutorial that should fit your needs now:

If you have questions, just ask.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found something that could help:

I didnā€™t know that it is possible to mask services in the grub command line :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just saw this message. I will try this and let you know.

i gave up after I wasted 2 days trying everything last week. So i am back in Ubuntu (KDE Neon).

1 Like

Ok, I tried this and now it get stuck on reached target Graphical Interface. As per attached.

Ok it reached the Graphical interface, so i guess here is the problem newest gpu driver.

Can you switch to another TTY with CTRL + ALT + F1/F2/F3 ?

I would rather advice to install it with Manjaro Architectā€¦ The Desktop ISOs with the newest driver donā€™t work on all Systems, and many especially laptops need workarounds with newer kernels.

After while being hereā€¦ i must admit: 70% of failed boots of Boot disks are because of laptops.

yes, I can go into a command prompt

1 Like

Can you type?

journalctl -b -0

or

journalctl -b -0 --reverse

or if there is a Xorg log:

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | less

Maybe there is a hint?

Ok, what does this say in English -:slight_smile:image

image image image

Ok i see now the problem. It looks similar to this one:

But it was a local installation and he fixed it by reinstalling the nvidia drivers. Something is wrong with the config :confused:
Or the configs for the drivers have on this ISO :100: a bug which effect on your system.

Since it is a rolling release, a installation with Architect is recommend.

Could you share your hardware here, just for the record when you are on Ubuntu?

inxi -Fazy

Thank you :slight_smile:

OK, Thanks for your help.

I pesonally think it is a graphic device problem. As with almost all other distroā€™s I use Nomodeset to boot and it does. Then on a fresh install I install the Nvidia driver and everything goes well.

I will try Installing the Architect way and get back to you. Should I be able to install the Nvidia (340.xx) on installation ?

Cheers,

1 Like

Yes you will be able to do that there.

What is the exact Command when using Ubuntu? I used this and didnot work!

Good, Will keep you posted.

You will need to install inxi on Ubuntu. It should be in the repo.

OK, I thought these is an additional parameter I need to use!

The output is:

CPU: Dual Core Intel Core i5 M 520 (-MT MCP-) speed/min/max: 1407/1199/2400 MHz Kernel: 5.4.0-47-generic x86_64 Up: 7m
Mem: 1925.7/7815.4 MiB (24.6%) Storage: 465.77 GiB (1.8% used) Procs: 186 Shell: bash 5.0.17 inxi: 3.0.38

inxi -Fazy

doesnt work?

NO it didnt

iadb@ziad-vpcj118fg:~$ inxi -Fazy
Error 10: Unsupported value: 0 for option: y
Check -h for correct parameters.