No Login Screen (XFCE lock screen) on resume after long period

Running 5.12.1-2
Got a new pc and monitor. After I leave things overnight or for an extended period, the login screen does not show up.

Had a pain using the display port where nothing showed up, and had to power cycle.

Using hdmi I was able to ctl+alt+f2 and get a virtual terminal tty2. Hitting F7 gave the the

Your session is locked message, but does not provide the login screen just goes blank.

Entering the password into the blank screen unlocks.

This is the same symptoms as

And same work around - put password into blank screen

Was a real pain with the displayport because I had no idea if it was the PC or the new monitor or what since it took a bit of fiddling with the monitor settings to get the display port to work. The display port supports a refresh frequency and resolution that the PC does not.

Hello @RonaldDuncan :slight_smile:

I never had this problem, so it seems the luck is with me, but since it seems, it is a problem with recognizing the correct resolution and refresh rate, i would rather ask for some logs :slight_smile: So that the next one who have this problem will know what the direct cause of this issue is.

for x in /var/log/Xorg* ; do echo -e "---$x---\n\n $(cat $x)\n"; done
journalctl --since=today | grep "lightdm"

Thanks

Same thing happens on XFCE 4.16.3 with kernel 5.15.2-2.

Sorry,
A clarification not PC but HDMI. So the PC support 60hz in highest resolution, with display port and only 30hz with HDMI.

Been using HDMI since then so not had a repeat of the problem. Will try to get display port to work again, but it has been a pain.