My computer with Manjaro xfce edition freezes

OK thank you for the tip. I will try.
Even I got this freezing issue with my previous operating system that was Zorien os, I think even there was the problem with kernel.

just asking generally, how that kernel version was giving me that freezing problem?

well, a kernel is what talks to your hardware for you. Over the last decade, many things have changed when it comes to both hardware and software. And so, maybe some things in the kernel have changed, and your hardware is no longer supported by the newer kernels. Since users of such old HW are usually not a lot, it makes sense to start dropping support for them to allow for new features and new hardware compatibility. This would just be a general answer.
Specifically, finding precisely what changed from 5.4LTS to 5.15 that led to your freezing issue would require going through the code changes between both.

I got that freezing issue today. After many days of normal working

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information. [HowTo] Provide System Information
  2. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.
1 Like

if the freezes starts to happen again regularly, install the 4.19 kernel and try with it

Just now I can see that my computer starts normally, but there is no display on my monitor. It shows no signal

this happens with the 4.19 kernel?

No, it is happening suddenly now.

I have not installed any other kernel it has that older one

so install the 4.19 together with the 5.10 and test with the 4.19 first

Computer starts but no signal on the monitor. I think this is not because of operation system.

and what were you doing? this didnt happen just from nowhere, since it was working normally?

Even I am not getting what is happening. Computer got freeze at 3 pm today than I turned off the computer. But when I again tried to on it at evening, than this problem.

but were you doing prior to this? like installing/uninstalling, running a system update etc?

BTW, I didn’t Understand what you say

Can you please say this to me again more clearly

you still cant boot? are you still stuck at the black screen?
before the freeze did you do something with your system, for example: installing, uninstalling, updating?

No, I am not able to boot. Computer turns on but no signal on the monitor.
And I was not installing or updating nothing.
It was working normally before freezing, yesterday

can you enter tty?
press: ctrl+alt+f2 or f1-f6 keys instead of f2, enter your username/password and type:
startx