Monitor timeout

I’m using manjaro/awesomeWM. The screen powers off after 10 minutes of inactivity. When I use applications such as Zoom, it powers off with inactivity.

More in general, I have been unable to edit the inactivity duration after which it powers off, or how to disable it. The setting in LightDM does not do anything for me.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions that might help. I hope I’m posting this in the right place.

Hi @samvega,

I’m fairly certain that is a Desktop Environment setting. I’m unsure about that. I’m also unsure if that’s neccessary for awesomeWM or not.

But I can point you here, which will help others: How to provide good information and, if necessary: [HowTo] post screenshots and links

Hope you manage!

1 Like

I don’t have a DE installed and I am fairly confident the timeout setting is not in my awesomeWM config, and there is nothing I can add a screenshot off, since I don’t know where the setting that is being used is located. I’m probably looking for an xorg command or config file to edit.

Doesn’t xfce4-power-manager work with Awesome?

That works thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.