Manjaro XFCE freezes when booting from USB

Hello! I recently decided I’d like to test Manjaro as I’ll be switching to Linux from Windows, however I’ve run into quite an issue.

I created two usb installers for Manjaro XFCE: One using Rufus, and another using Win32DiskImager. Both seem to be identical, and are completely bricked according to Windows.

I get to the first screen, choose either open source or proprietary, and I see “Starting version 249.7-2-manjaro”. After a few seconds the cursor stops blinking and I’m stuck there.

Any ideas? I’ve tried searching some solutions to this issue but none seem to address the fact that someone cannot boot at all.

I’m running on an Acer Aspire 3 A315 with a Ryzen 5 3500u, secure boot and fast boot disabled.

Thank you in advance.

try Etcher and verify the ISO with it’s checksum afterwards.

Before you boot , in grub boot loader delete “quiet splash” then you maybe will see , where is the problem … then send us the last line from boot log …

:: running early hook [udev]
Starting version 249.7-2-manjaro
:: running early hook [miso_pxe_nbd]
:: running hook [udev]
:: Triggering uevents...

Crashes after that.

Boot from USB:

Increase your chances of solving your issue:

Provide Information:

I managed to get past that stage, however I get another error. After putting nomodeset and acpi=off into the kernel line I get a lot of errors before crashing, which ends with

note: (journald)[280] exited with preempt_count 3

As for specs, running on an Acer Aspire 3 A135-23 with a Ryzen 5 3500u, 512GB SSD and 8GB of RAM. I’ve heard that these laptops are horrible for Linux compatibility, but didn’t know it’d be this frustrating…