Manjaro ARM 20.08 released!

Probably the LTS one.

Thanks. Wonā€™t boot. But neither will most other OS images. These 512MB cards are, um, not ideal for finding good OS images. I very much wish I had spent the extra $$$ for the 1GB model. Too late now.

Are any of the devs interested in receiving (free!) a Pine64 A64 / 512MB. I suspect, but cannot completely verify, that eth0 hardware has failed (simultaneously on 4x boards. Weird.) USB wifi dongles work. Do not have wifi/bluetooth accessory for these.

PM me if interested.

Last I tried Manjaro on my Pine64 (1 GB model though) it had ethernet out of the box.

I havenā€™t tried in a while though.

These boards all simultaneously lost ethernet while running (Armbian). Router reported they dropped out within ms of each other.

Where they all connected to the same switch/power supply when it happened?

Yeah. Did all that troubleshooting.

There is a near-zero probability of all suffering same hardware failure at same time while other devices on same switch + PSU did not. Near-zero is not zero, however.

Anyway, Iā€™m giving up and replacing them. If any dev wants one or more, Iā€™m happy to drop them into the post.

I already have 2 Pine64 boards, but maybe @spikerguy or @Darksky would be interested?

Also, I donā€™t have the necessary gear to definitively verify ethernet hardware failure. I just know that I canā€™t find an OS image able to detect the ethernet hardware anymore. USB wifi dongles still work, but I donā€™t have enough of them for each board to get its own and I can replace (upgrade) the boards for about the same price as buying USB wifi sticks.

New install of xfce 20.08 on pinebook pro is very sluggish. As in, I can see pop-up windows being drawn over 1-1.5 seconds; resizing a terminal window with the mouse will lag and freeze horribly and so on.

This was not the situation with Manjaro arm xfce a few months ago.

I have verified that compositing is enabled, and Mesa is installed. I tried installing mesa-git but if anything things seemed to become worse.

Glxgears it running and glxinfo seems to say I am using a Panfrost driver.

Any ideas on other things to look at?

As far as I know, xfce uses 2d acceleration and not 3d acceleration. Panfrost does not do 2d very well.
You can install xf86-video-fbturbo-git from the repo to get better 2d acceleration, but 3 acceleration will be crap.

As long as Panfrost does not support both, you canā€™t really have both at the same time. Sorry.

1 Like

3D is nice to have. Hardware compositing is a necessity. I can live without 3D if it makes the machine usable. Thanks!

I see ā€˜No audio card on Odroid N2+ā€™ mentionedā€¦
Does this mean no audio at all? Or is it just the audio jack that doesnā€™t work, and audio over hdmi works fine?

It sadly means no audio at allā€¦

would plugging in a cheap usb sound card work?

Probably. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I bought the hardkernel usb audio card, no problem with my c2, c4 and n2 devices.

Hardkernel usb audio card

1 Like

Hello. I have a problem with my nvme disk, vim3 pro does not see it.
And heats up a lot, about 60 degrees on the surface (measured with a multimeter with a thermocouple).
Please tell me what could be the problem?

I have two M2X Extension Boards(old and new version)

OS - 5.7.14-1-MANJARO-ARM on eMMC
NVME - samsung 970 EVO plus 500gb

Thanks.

1 Like

Anybody have experience with this release on the Rock Pi 4C? Iā€™ve been thinking about picking one up because of the dual display outputs (1 HDMI, 1 DP) and the built in NVME slot. If anybody has tried the 4C (especially if you use dual screen and NVME), Iā€™d love to hear about it! Thanks!

If you notice the post, we have not created images for the Rock Pi 4C, only the 4B.

But I have heard from other 4C users that the install from the manjaro-arm-installer works fine.

1 Like

I did notice that, thanks for clarifying, @Strit! I donā€™t have an issue installing with the m-a-i; itā€™s my preferred method for my Pinebook Pro and SD Cards. I was mostly wondering if the hardware was all supported since the 4C is a relatively new device. Glad youā€™ve heard good things!