Manjaro ARM 20.08 released!

We added support for it recently yes. :slight_smile:

I’ve never tested an Nvme drive and m2x extension coz I don’t have one to test.

I will check with khadas team to see what is missing for nvme to not show in the os.
It would be better if you post this on khadas forum so they can help.

Yes I have rockpi4c and it is well supported, if there is anything specific you want me to test them do let me know.
I also have a ready to flash image for it, will upload it somewhere online so Radxa can host it on their download page.

Dear @Strit

I build Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-vim3-20.09.img.xz but there is no sound, is there a fix or solution about it? If not is it possible to compile it with khadas kernel, what file/script do I need to change for it?

Regards,

@spikerguy might have some input.

Look at the “Known Issues” in the original post:

No audio cards on Odroid C2, Odroid C4, Odroid N2(+), Khadas Vim 3 and Roc-CC

Actually It was compiled with balbes150 kernel I want to compile it with khadas linux kernel.

The balbes150 kernel is the linux-vim kernel.

Our linux-vim package builds from balbes sources.

We don’t supply the BSP kernel from Khadas.

Ok thanks a lot for your kind and superfast reply :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum.
No need to change anything, let me just check thr pkg which had new changes for vim3 audio. Last Ive uploaded it to unstable.

Audio seem to work on latest kernel with the updated audio conf file.

If you’re talking about khadas mainline with patches then balbes kernel is almost the same as they both use the same patches which are queued for upstream.
Ive tested it myself and finally settled to use balbes kernel branch as it is much cleaner and work with many other devices.

Will test audio conf for you and get back with an update.

Thanks.

Yes I’m talking about khadas mainline kernel 5.9-rc2 I replaced Manjaro ARM default kernel with kadas mainline kernel 5.9-rc2. It booted and runs smooth but there was no sound again.

I will test unstable repo thanks for advice,

Regards,

Yes I have rockpi4c and it is well supported, if there is anything specific you want me to test them do let me know.

Thanks, @spikerguy! I wanted to make sure of whether both the mini-HDMI and DP ports work and that you can extend the displays between them.

Also wanted to know if the NVME works, and specifically if it can be used as a boot drive. Have you tried this procedure?: wiki.radxaDOTcom/Rockpi4/Linux_system_runs_on_M.2_NVME_SSD (Sorry for the formatting, it seems I’m not allowed to post a link.)

I supposed I could do some uboot magic, running it off an SD card or something and having it point to a root directory on the 4C.

If you’ve tried either of the above, would love to hear about it. Thanks!

I have been looking for a dp to hdmi connector locally but it is not available so I will try again this weekend.
I will have to move my other screen to test both working at the same time.

Its easy to just boot from emmc and point rootfs to nvme that would be easier.

Btw just curious to know how do you plan to mount nvme? Any special case?

1 Like

What is your solution? Because I have the same problem and waiting for more than an hour seems to be longer than the 30 minutes Claybie has patience for.

Still a bit on the fence about buying but I was planning on getting these if I do:

M.2 Board: shopDOTallnetchinaDOTcn/collections/rock-pi-4-accessories/products/rock-pi-4x-m-2-extension-board-v1-6

Case: shopDOTallnetchinaDOTcn/collections/rock-pi-4-cases/products/ecopi-pro-hp-aluminum-housing-for-rock-pi-4c

The case comes with an integrated heat sink and enough room for that M.2 board, so I could potentially use this as a mini-desktop or media server. Looks like it would be an elegant little package.

1 Like

Yes sounds like a good plan.

1 Like

It was not really a solution, just wait, it worked for me when installing in SD, but waiting when installing in pen drive or SSD does not work. I just left him carrying around doing nothing like Claybie. But we really don’t know the reason for this. They didn’t give us an answer either, I have an 8GB Raspberry pi and it could be due to a board revision. but it’s just a guess.

The only issue I have seen with board revisions with the pi4 8G is when they first committed the 5.8 kernel but that issue was with non functioning usb ports involving a keyboard and mouse. This board revision issue was the the “Pre Production” boards had a different board revision than the Production boards. The “Pre Production” boards had no issue but the Production boards with a newer revision did. Pretty much only a select few like the RPi Devs have them. When I opened an issue about it none of the RPi Devs had a Production board. So it took about 3 weeks for them to fix it.

The fact that you are able to get to a black screen with a mouse cursor and having to wait seems to me that there is something else going on as couple of others have said the long wait goes away after doing a system upgrade. I just have not experienced this with the 20.08 image booted to my M.2 ssd.

If you can ssh to the pi when it is booted to the black screen with a cursor try doing a “sudo pacman -Syu” and reboot to see if it makes a difference.

Just for reference my pi4 eeprom firmware version is here:

[ray@pi4 ~]$ sudo rpi-eeprom-update
BCM2711 detected
VL805 firmware in bootloader EEPROM
BOOTLOADER: up-to-date
CURRENT: Fri Jul 31 01:43:39 PM UTC 2020 (1596203019)
 LATEST: Fri Jul 31 01:43:39 PM UTC 2020 (1596203019)
 FW DIR: /lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader/beta
VL805: up-to-date
CURRENT: 000138a1
 LATEST: 000138a1

You also need at least these raspberrypi-bootloader files versions:

raspberrypi-bootloader 20200819-1
raspberrypi-bootloader-x 20200819-1

That may be the difference

[pi@hostpi ~]$ sudo rpi-eeprom-update
[sudo] password for pi:
BCM2711 detected
VL805 firmware in bootloader EEPROM
BOOTLOADER: up-to-date
CURRENT: jue 16 jul 2020 15:15:46 UTC (1594912546)
LATEST: jue 16 abr 2020 17:11:26 UTC (1587057086)
FW DIR: /lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader/critical
VL805: up-to-date
CURRENT: 000138a1
LATEST: 000138a1

but recently I used a totally updated board and it was the same version 20.08 of manjaro KDE and XFCE and recording the image normally with Etcher, so I don’t know what the problem could be. What I observed, that the waiting time from one palaca to another was different, in the first the waiting time was greater and another thing, in manjaro 20.08 xfce it was only 5 or 10 minutes minimum. what is the difference from one plate to another, I do not know, but the first was fully updated and took longer, much longer.

Hello,
I bought the mini dp to hdmi connector and tried to connect 2 screens but the micro hdmi to hdmi connector is quite fat so when I try to plug the mini dp to hdmi connector then it pushes the micro. Hdmi connector off.

I will have to find a cable based micro hdmi to hdmi connector to plug both connectors and test 2 screen.

Most likely it can power up both screens as we have it working on pinebook pro where we can have 2 screens working 1 the laptop screen and another one from usbc dock to hdmi, so rk3399 have enough power to handle 2 screens at 1920*1080p

1 Like

Isn’t cable management fun!? Thanks for letting me know how it’s going. Sorry you’re having such trouble making everything fit! :confounded:

When I start PineBook Pro, the time of the day that it shows is off, both in terms of hours and minutes. It then takes about 20 seconds or so to have the system time updated to the actual time. I observed that with both KDE and XFCE 20.08. I don’t think this issue was present in 20.04 or 20.06, but perhaps I wasn’t paying attention to it then.