Manjaro ARM 20.08 released!
We are proud to announce the release of Manjaro ARM 20.08!
Currently we have download images for: Raspberry Pi 4, Rock Pi 4B, RockPro64, Khadas Vim 1, Khadas Vim 2, Pinebook and the Pinebook Pro.
Manjaro ARM is proud to also now be the default installation on the Pinebook Pro from Pine64.
We have put in a lot of work to get to this point and we are excited that we have been accepted by the creators of this laptop, as a great OS option.
New application for flashing images
We have been working on a new GUI app to make it easy for users to flash a Manjaro ARM image on to an SD card or eMMC card.
manjaro-arm-flasher and launch the app “Manjaro ARM Flasher” from your menu. This will download and flash the image of your choice.
You can also manually run the application (if you are not running Manjaro ARM) by downloading this python script, make it executable with
chmod +x manjaro-arm-flasher and then run it with
sudo ./manjaro-arm-flasher. It requires
python-blkinfo 0.1.3 to be installed, which can be installed with
pip install blkinfo.
This software is still in early development and does not include all the features we want yet.
First Time setup
This release sports the First Time setup for all images, also via SSH. This means that at first boot, you will be asked about the following:
- keyboard layout (except on pinebook, that is fixed to us layout)
- additional user groups (optional)
- full name
- password for that username
- password for root
Then the setup script will set these settings and reboot to the login screen.
|Raspberry Pi 4||20.08||20.08||20.08||20.08|
|Rock Pi 4B||20.08||20.08||20.08||20.08|
|Khadas Vim 1||20.08||20.08||20.08||20.08|
|Khadas Vim 2||20.08||20.08||20.08||20.08|
Torrents are also available!
- New packages from upstream and Manjaro ARM.
- Manjaro now uses a branch based repo structure. Meaning you can now switch between
arm-unstablebranches by editing
- All new images now use a 2 partition layout and use extlinux.conf where applicable. Devices not using extlinux are Raspberry Pi 4, Odroid N2 and Khadas devices.
- Introducing the
manjaro-arm-flashertool, which can be used to download and flash an image to any drive.
- Added back logout confirmation in Plasma.
- XFCE 4.14
- KDE Plasma 5.19
- The Raspberry Pi images can now also be booted from USB Sticks, if you have updated your EEPROM to the latest release.
- Added Odroid N2+ to our device line-up. Be aware that the N2 and N2+ uses different images. The N2+ can run the N2 images without issues, but the N2 cannot run the N2+ images.
- Added Rock Pi 4C to our device line-up. Be aware that the 4B and 4C uses different images.
Updating from 20.06:
- Enabled Logout Confirmation in Plasma settings.
- No audio cards on Odroid C2, Odroid C4, Odroid N2(+), Khadas Vim 3 and Roc-CC.
- Bootsplash does not work on Raspberry Pi devices.
- Lid Close trigger on the Pinebook Pro does not work on the XFCE edition.
- Khadas Vim 1 (maintained by @spikerguy)
- Khadas Vim 2 (maintained by @spikerguy)
- Pinebook Pro
- Raspberry Pi 4 (tested on B)
- Rock Pi 4B
With Manjaro ARM Installer (in addition to the above devices): (Download it here)
- Khadas Vim 3
- Khadas Edge-V Pro
- LibreComputer ROC-RK3328-CC
- Odroid C2
- Odroid C4
- Odroid N2
- Odroid N2+
- Raspberry Pi 3 (tested on B)
- Rock Pi 4C
What about other devices?
Manjaro ARM no longer supports the
armv7h architecture. So if you have/use an armv7h device, you should be looking at other distro’s. Some could be:
- Arch Linux ARM
- Raspbian (for the raspberrypi)
- Ubuntu Mate
The armv7h repo has been removed from the repo server and mirrors.
We won’t be making images for all the supported devices. If your desired image for your desired supported device does not exist, please use
manjaro-arm-installer to install it to an SD/eMMC card.
We already started releasing Alpha images for the PinePhone and PineTab.