Manjaro 23.1 Vulcan released

i think stable release isos must be updated with fixed Pamac

2 Likes

Uh… I thought it was Vulkan and intended to write about that good API :sweat_smile:
Anyway, despite I don’t see much more differences with a previous release, do hope Vulcan is doing great.

Thanks.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Stable Update] 2023-12-15 - Kernels, Blender, Thunderbird, Xorg-Server, Xwayland, Warzone2100

Spock

5 Likes

Wasn’t Vulcan sucked into a Singularity, in 2009?

The year the movie came out does not correspond to the year Vulcan was destroyed on the alternate timeline of the “Star Trek” universe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Vulcan was only destroyed on this alternate timeline, and it happened in the year 2253. :wink:

And, yet, from this viewer’s frame of reference, it was 2009;
Spooky!

On distrowatch.com you can read the annoucement, too.

1 Like

It seems we have a Vulcan penguin mascot for the release. Not sure where BetaNews got it from:

8 Likes

Yeah! Did a clean (re)install.

The Vulcan update via the package manager produced some nasty bugs in some applications.
So I decided yesterday to start from scratch: First updated BIOS/UEFI to the lastet version, which broke GRUB und Plymouth as expected and after that Manjaro Vulcan from the ISO – and the system is running smoothly again. Today’s cleaning day: Reinstall all other apps, with settings carefully selected from a recent backup.

4 Likes

Hi,

I can confirm LUKS2 argon2id is working as a charmed with the GRUB2 and the grub-improved-luks2-git.
So GRUB2 simply need some patches for that cryptographic cypher and is actually ready to go on 2.12 GRUB release.

Wish You well

2 Likes

Better logout and use tty (CTRL+ALT+F3) for updating via command line from now on. I use sudo pacman -Syu for that. pamac update is possible as well

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Dependency satisfaction failed

Seems they need an icon update.

Looks good, as far I can see you also fix problems with bluetooth, which occurs when my linux was updated to Uranos! :slightly_smiling_face:

and 23.1.2 got released today

1 Like

Just an internal version bump in lsb-release for now.

A post was split to a new topic: Support Asian kanji culture by default

A post was split to a new topic: When to expect plasma 6?