Login doesn't work after waking up from suspend manjaro Qonos version

Hello everybody, when I suspend the PC and wake the OS it doesn’t have any login page (i.e doesn’t want a password from me for login it just displays the desktop) it was strange for me because i didn’t have this problem with the older versions
Note: I have been added gnome to ingonreGroup in the Pacman file for new updates, because new gnome version had some bugs and i had to reinstall manjaro

1 Like

Hi @mohammadali,

1. Please see [HowTo] Provide System Information,
    1.1. and [HowTo] post screenshots and links
    1.2. and also [HowTo] Increase your chances of solving your issue.
  2. While I don’t use Gnome it sounds like a behavioral issue to me. See https://askubuntu.com/questions/17157/how-do-i-stop-the-screen-from-being-locked-on-suspend#70295:

What worked for me on Ubuntu 11.10 is to execute the following in a terminal:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.lockdown disable-lock-screen 'true'

You can also install dconf-tools and use dconf-editor to set the same setting manually.

So, while I don’t know if this’ll work, you can try:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.lockdown disable-lock-screen 'false'

Hope this helps.

Edit:

Also, according to this answer:

Go into System Settings > Security & Privacy > Locking and disable both options. Also if you want to autologin every time you boot up your PC you have to enable the option inside User Accounts.

Thanks for your answer, I think it’s for lockdown

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.lockdown disable-lock-screen 'false'

not suspend, anyway I try it and it doesn’t work

Well, as I said I don’t use it, so can only offer suggestions based on search result.

Anyway, this article apparently describes how to disable it, so try and see if it can help you to enable it.

Edit:

Same here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1144346/disable-lock-screen-on-resume

1 Like

Thanks

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.screensaver lock-enabled 'true'

its worked for me

Edit: Forgot to mention this i’ve also install these packages too:

manjaro-gnome-assets manjaro-gnome-extension-settings manjaro-gnome-postinstall manjaro-gnome-settings-shells manjaro-gnome-settings

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.