I just installed Manjaro Plasma, and got the Latte dock from the Pamac store.
The Latte dock, however, has been at times behaving weird, like not revealing itself when I close all windows, showing extreme stuttering when animating stuff, and so on. So I pulled out HTop, and it says 50% of the CPU is being used by Latte. There isn’t a way to upload the screenshots because the forum won’t allow me to.
When I interact with Latte, the CPU usage shoots up to the 70s and 80s. This is affecting the whole desktop (it’s becoming slow). Is there any fix for this?
At first glance its hard to know whether this is a bug in latte or misconfiguration or simply a lack of resources.
It should be noted Latte takes a decent amount - like a whole other Desktop Environment on top of Plasma kind of amount.
I’ll try updating the BIOS.
I have no swap because I didn’t see (or look for) an option to allocate swap memory during the installation. I haven’t created a swap partition manually yet, as it is a fresh install. I’ve set the render back-end to OpenGL 3.1 already.
I’ll look into the driver thing you mentioned as well, though I don’t really understand what you meant. How do I switch my driver to the newer thing you mentioned?
I uninstalled Latte Dock (Just too frustrating to try and fix). But my task bar (plasma panel) is still very laggy. The Manjaro start menu, the settings application and all the plasma widgets stutter a lot, and take at least two seconds to appear. Htop now says plasmashell is using over half my CPU. I can’t update my BIOS, because I don’t know how to on a Linux machine. My laptop came with Ubuntu, but Acer has BIOS upgrade support only for Windows. Also, I can’t launch applications from the start menu because it keeps greying out and saying ‘Applications updated’.
I highly suggest replacing all of those with their non-git equivalents.
(in the case of user-manager-git it should probably just be removed - there is no equivalent as plasma-desktop already provides it.)
See the link I shared to the other thread.
There was an overlooked deprecated package in the KDE profile … which then ended up nabbing the git version, which created a dep cycle for a bunch of kde-git packages.
This affected all released plasma ISO’s, including stable and rc, as well as Architect installs.
It has been subsequently fixed.