I had KDE Manjaro Linux installed on my notebook for quite some time, in addition to a Windows system that I haven’t used anymore.
After a crash nothing worked anymore. I replaced my SSD and my normal SATA hard drive in my notebook. In order for the hard drives to be recognized again, I had to reinstall Windows 10. Both hard drives are now properly recognized in Windows 10. On the SSD hard drive is currently installed Windows 10, that I want to destroy later again, when I will have Linux installed as the only operating system. However, I can’t get that far.
When I boot with the Manjaro KDE USB live stick, the SSD drive is not recognized. And not at all, even with the commands: hwinfo
Also it is not detected with KDE partition manager nor gparted.
What can I do now???
Thanks a lot for your help, Rulinux
P.S.: It seems the de.manjaro.org has been integrated into forum.manjaro.org Thus you can find German and English issues.
Should be rather posted in English or German or both is fine?
So far I found out that there is no way for settings in the BIOS nor an UEFI for adjusting SATA Controller for correct AHCI and Raid Controller.
Finally I had to reinstall Windows on my notebook killing Linux. First time installation still did not enable to recognize the second internal hard disk with Linux USB-Live-Stick but only within Windows.
Because UEFI is directly addressed via Windows and cannot be set by itself, I have done some settings in the Windows registry in hope for solving the problem for Linux for correct AHCI and Raid hard disk detection. Here is a description in German Change AHCI mode
After having done these settings the computer did not start any OS anymore. Then I reinstalled Windows again completely with all updates and upgrades. With the second installation routine a repair function of Windows took place. After finalizing all updates and upgrades for Windows finally both hard disk were also detected within USB-Live-Stick. These procedure took 1,5 days.
Than I could reinstall Linux completely and solely on my computer. I replaced the basic installation of the /home directory with the one from my last timeshift backup.
After 1,5 weeks total work my computer finally worked again.
For help for others with the same problem, I have written down my solution here in the forum.