Installed Realtek r8168 driver and can't connect to the network anymore

Hello. In Manjaro System Settings under Hardware Configuration I accidentally installed r8168 network controller (before that it was set to Open Source) after that I can’t connect anymore to the internet. I tried the removal through the right click, but I still can’t get a connection.
Any help would be gladly appriciated.
Thanks.

What’s the output of:

mhwd --listinstalled

Please see:

I recently switched to the opensource driver and also couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t connect to the internet, turns out the file called r8169_blacklist.conf found in /etc/modprobe.d/ was not removed when I uninstalled r8168.

So I made a backup and I edited that file. The file is now named r8168_blacklist.conf with the follow content: blacklist r8168. I probably could have deleted the file but I wasn’t sure I should do that.

Only video-linux and no installed USB configs

The folder /modprobe.d is empty.

For anyone having the same issue: just open pamac manager, search for r8168 and uninstall any installed module.
It should be named something like “linuxXX-rt-r8168”.

Note that that driver is open source too.

By the way, I couldn’t see any speed improvement with that optional driver. But I didn’t test above 200 Mb/s.

Check which driver is in use

inxi -Na

If response confirms r8168 driver is loaded use this command to unload it and load r8169 driver

sudo modprobe -r r8168; sudo modprobe r8169

and remove r8168 driver and blacklist for r8169

sudo mhwd -r pci network-r8168