I have a similar problem, here:
Manjaro stable, KDE/Plasma, GTX1060 … performed update, today in the following steps.
sudo pacman -Syyuu. Update failed, due to nvidia dependency problem (as discussed in other threads, I’ve found after step 6).
- Removed pycuda-packages:
sudo pacman -Rsc pycuda-headers python-pycuda
- Updated by doing
sudo pacman -S linux54-nvidia-450xx nvidia-450xx-utils opencl-nvidia-450xx lib32-nvidia-450xx-utils. This seemed to have worked.
- Updated the whole system, as I initially intended to do
sudo pacman -Syyuu
- Rebooted (because there was a kernel-update in there)
- Tried to open nvidia-settings, but it crashed (GUI-version)
- Tried to do
sudo nvidia-settings and ended up with this error-message:
ERROR: NVIDIA driver is not loaded
ERROR: Unable to load info from any available system
- Searched the forums
- Re-installed pycuda-packages:
sudo pacman -S pycuda-headers python-pycuda
- Did this again:
sudo pacman -S linux54-nvidia-450xx nvidia-450xx-utils opencl-nvidia-450xx lib32-nvidia-450xx-utils
- Still getting the same error-message from nvidia-settings and blender can’t use the GPU (I tried to provide a screenshot, but apparently I’m not allowed to).
Is there anything else, I can/should try, before just downgrading to 440xx again and calling it a day?
I just tried downgrading, but that failed, because cuda depends on
sudo pacman -S linux54-nvidia-440xx nvidia-440xx-utils opencl-nvidia-440xx lib32-nvidia-440xx-utils
But I want to keep cuda … so I don’t know, what to do next.