Does anyone tried to install manjaro on a chinese laptop or Computer?Are the drivers compatible with them?
If you know something let me know.
My HP laptop is made in China and it works fine. Maybe if you supplied specifics on the hardware someone could help you.
- Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information.
- Please press the three dots … below your post and then press the
- If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
- You can do this by using
inxiin a terminal or in console.
inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
- Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
- Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
- Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
- To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.
(Wisdom lies in reading )
It would be more about what hardware it is rather than where it is made from. But AFAIK it’s the same kind than what is globally available, so i don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
The only way to be sure is to test it yourself.
Fine on Xiaoxin13 pro
Has anyone ever installed linux on hardware that has NOT been made in China?
maybe he/she is not that meaning. Not part of the laptop made in China. Maybe he/she means XiaoMi, HuaWei not Apple, Lenvov
Lenovo Group Limited , often shortened to Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology company specializing in designing, manufacturing, and marketing consumer electronics, software, business solutions, and related services
But as others mentioned before. It is about the hardware in use, not the place of origin or brand name.
Things might get interesting if the topic was about something like Zhaoxin CPUs, but no one knows about the OPs hardware so far.
I flagged the wrong post, post above by denonom is not the one I wanted to flag.
//EDIT: oops thread closed because of my flags lol. I couldn’t cancel the flag so need a moderator to review.
This topic is temporarily closed for at least 62 hours due to a large number of community flags.
I’m talking about TECLAST, ALLDOCUBE, ETC. With Celeron 4100+ UHD Graphics etc. Whatever I will just test it in the live session!
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.