I'm not really sure how to fix problem with my GPUs

So on my laptop, I have 2 GPUs the intel one and the Nvidia GPU. I have two options on how to use them but none of them are good, so the first one is using Optimus Manager and switching to the Nvidia GPU, though it impacts the performance significantly. The second one is using the Intel GPU and when I want to run some software on the Nvidia GPU use a command, the downside is that the intel GPU makes the desktop work slower and has quite a lot of visual glitches. So it’s basically smoothly working desktop or smoothly running apps.

Hi @Gl0b,

It sounds like the driver you need isn’t installed at the moment. More information is neccessary to confirm the diagnoses, though.

1. To that end, please see How to provide good information and, if applicable, [HowTo] post screenshots and links.

2. Please also provide the output for:

mhwd --list
  1. As well as for:
mhwd --listinstalled

This information would be necessary for anyone to assist you. So, while it might not be me, the information is still required.

So the output for mhwd --list is:

> 0000:09:00.0 (0200:10ec:8168) Network controller Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         network-r8168            2016.04.20                true            PCI

> 0000:01:00.0 (0302:10de:139b) Display controller nVidia Corporation:
video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime            2021.11.04               false            PCI
video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-470xx-prime            2021.11.04               false            PCI
video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-390xx-bumblebee            2021.11.04               false            PCI
          video-nvidia            2021.11.04               false            PCI
    video-nvidia-470xx            2021.11.04               false            PCI
    video-nvidia-390xx            2021.11.04               false            PCI
           video-linux            2018.05.04                true            PCI

> 0000:00:02.0 (0300:8086:191b) Display controller Intel Corporation:
video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime            2021.11.04               false            PCI
video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-470xx-prime            2021.11.04               false            PCI
video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-390xx-bumblebee            2021.11.04               false            PCI
           video-linux            2018.05.04                true            PCI
     video-modesetting            2020.01.13                true            PCI
            video-vesa            2017.03.12                true            PCI

And for mhwd --listinstalled

> Installed PCI configs:
     video-modesetting            2020.01.13                true            PCI

Warning: No installed USB configs!
1 Like