How to start Manjaro KDE?

This has happened from poor quality of rufus.
But its also happened that the dev actively sabotaged certain kinds of ISO writes.
Manjaro ISOs were among them at one time.
I have not updated this information in years, so things could have changed since then, but its snugly in the ‘junk’ category and I dont care to look at it again.

1 Like

@cscs - No longer; if we are to take Non exhaustive list of ISOs Rufus is known to work with at face value.

The problem with writing ISO’s to USB’s

No matter which utility might be used to write an ISO to a USB, there is an ever present concern that something will go wrong in the process. There are no procedures (that I’m aware of) to compare the written USB with the original ISO.

Using Ventoy allows us to remove this common problem from the equation, completely, and boot an Installer directly from the original ISO.

1 Like

Same problem here.
The installation of KDE was a disaster but NOT .XFCE. I’m using the last one from the DVD I downloaded / burned (Xburn) about a week ago to save my existing installation of Manjaro XFCE that messed up after the update 10 days ago.
My system is a J5040 with 8Gb RAM and 256Gb SSD

Hi @gamiwv and welcome to the Manjaro community.

I suggest starting your own new thread and detailing your problem so that others can help more effectively.

As a new user, please take some time to familiarise yourself with Forum requirements; in particular, the many ways to use the forum to your benefit. To that end, some or all these links will be invaluable:

And last, but not least, the Stable Update Announcements, which you should check frequently for important update related information. Occasionally an issue might be directly related to a particular update; it’s always best to check those announcements.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

Cheers
not completely “bufo” to Manjaro (I’m using it for more than 2 years) BUT I prefer to read (Arch wiki also) than posting. Maybe for this reason I don’t know how to open a thread (or maybe it is not permuted to me yet).
Cheers

No necro-bumping, please.