How to put my desktop on windows-like sleep mode?

When I put my Manjaro desktop to sleep, the lights and cabinet and heatsink fans are turned on. Can I make it like sleep mode in windows, with the lights and fans turned off? Is this is how all Linux systems ‘sleep’ or something wrong with my system?

You may want to make it hibernate instead.

1 Like

Does turning on hibernate not reduce the lifespan of an SSD?

I don’t see why it would…

1 Like

Well, your writing the full RAM content to disk.

However, you have to give more information about your system because the “sleep” you describe is not working as it should.

1 Like

I have settings in my BIOS which enable me to determine whether the RGB lighting stays on or off when the computer is in sleep.

1 Like

Hope you manage!

Tip:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

Please edit your post accordingly.

1 Like