not quite sure if this is the right forum spot, so please displace if wanted. (for admins)
I decided to switch to Linux Mint for three reasons:
- I am not as good a techie as I thought
- I use old hardware nvidia 340xx, not supported in manjaro, but in mint.
- I have very limited time ressources
But I didn want to disappear without giving a feedback.
Whats great about manjaro:
- Cutting edge software, ideal if you want to be on the forefront of software testing
- the forum and design of the distro is very good looking
- install once and don` t bother installing every versions again and again
- fast support if answers needed
What I would suggest, if Manjaro want`s to cater also non techies:
- A guided tour of making snapshots, or different backup possibilities.
In my year with manjaro I saw four black screens after update. Probably because of my low experience or my hardware. I had to reinstall manjaro three times anew, with my settings gone. An autobackup for non techies would save a lot of stress for newbies.
- the manjaro application menu is only accessible via manjaro hello. It would be nice to have this platform available as a menue in the starter list, or somewhere where it is more apparent.
I will come back to manjaro if I have newer hardware and my kids are grown up to an age where they don`t need that much time anymore.
All the best, your squirrel