Fix of Xorg regression not working

Hi,

I think I have an issue regarding a Xorg regression and its fix.

Context:

I recently made a fresh install on a new pc, I think it was with kde plasma 21.2.0 rc1 but not sure.

Everything went fine except for almost everthing being huge, which never happened to me before.

I found out it was because of a X11 regression as explained here (https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/qqi9z8/updated_kde_and_suddenly_everything_is_huge/), or at least I assumed that was the reason because there are many posts about the subject.

Instead of doing the suggested temporay fix, I opted for waiting for the official fix.

Last stable update (2022-01-02) includes Xorg-Server 21.1.2 which according to phoronix (X.Org Server 21.1.2 Released With Security Fixes, Back To Pretending All Displays Are 96 DPI - Phoronix) reverts the regression.

But after installing it and rebooting, everything stays huge.

So I have a few questions:

• Is my assumption right or was the Xorg version with the regression never released on Manjaro, and hence, it’s impossible for this to be the reason?

• If my assumption is right, why didn’t the recent update fix the problem right away? Do I have to do something?

• If my assumption is wrong… then I’m not sure where to ask for help or how to find out what to look for? Is it a plasma issue? nvidia issue? I don’t know

Thank you

Increase your chances of solving your issue:

Provide Information:

I think I found out the problem, it turns out my assumption was wrong.
I have a dual monitor setup, one is 4k and the other is FullHD. It seems that the 4k display “rules” over the FullHD, so when both are connected, I see everything huge mainly on the FullHD display; but with only FulHD connected everything is fine.
So I guess I’ll have to find out how to make the FullHD display “rule” over the 4k display, or maybe I just have to force 96 dpi throught kde plasma settings.
I have to investigate on that but now I think it has nothing to do with Xorg regression so I’ll close the post

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.