Firefox 108 theme is a mess

hi

pacman updated to firefox 108 . But it is a mess . all tool bar layouts is messed
I am an Manjato Gnome and that is Firefox that comes default with Manjaro . Updated via pacman as usual.

you can view only one tab at a time.
the location of tools or top section is a mess .
It is almost unusable.
I had to attach a picture so it is visible hard to tell what I mean. on the current picture I have more 7 tabs open, you can only see them by selecting from drop down menu at the bottom . and that right send menu thing disappears when you click on it ; it becomes a dot to maximize. it is just a mess honestly

2 Likes

How did you update it? Since I’m also on the Stable brach, as you are, and I didn’t get an update. Thus I can only presume you’re using flatpak or some such?

I used pacman and it is the default firefox that comes with Manjaro.
I did not change anything. I am Manjaro Gnome

AFAIK there wasn’t an upgrade on the Stable branch this morning. Please providee the output of thee following:

pamac info firefox-developer-edition

I have not update via pamac tough. Here is the info you need

pamac info firefox-developer-edition                             ✔ 
Name                  : firefox-developer-edition
Version               : 108.0b9-1
Description           : Developer Edition of the popular Firefox web browser
URL                   : https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/developer
Licenses              : MPL GPL LGPL
Repository            : community
Installed Size        : 249.5 MB
Groups                : --
Depends On            : dbus-glib ffmpeg gtk3 libpulse libxt mime-types nss
                        ttf-font
Optional Dependencies : networkmanager: Location detection via available WiFi networks [Installed]
                        libnotify: Notification integration [Installed]
                        pulseaudio: Audio support [Installed]
                        speech-dispatcher: Text-to-Speech
                        hunspell-en_US: Spell checking, American English
                        xdg-desktop-portal: Screensharing with Wayland [Installed]
Provides              : --
Replaces              : firefox-developer
Conflicts With        : --
Packager              : Andrew Crerar <andrew@crerar.io>
Build Date            : Fri 02 Dec 2022 03:41:16 PM +03
Validated By          : MD5 Sum  SHA-256 Sum  Signature

Hmm, OK. So it’s from the community repositories. Mine as well, and they’re the same versions. Albeit mine is thee development edition.

Try running it from the terminal with all themes and extensions disabled:

firefox-developer-edition --safe-mode

here is the version I am using.
not the developer edition and I have not updated via pamac so I did not quite understand what is solution

this does not work I dont have firefox-developer-edition installed. Shall i ? Does it not mess it more

Apparently there was:
https://packages.manjaro.org/?query=firefox
I’m not seeing any problems with 108, I’m on unstable though and not using Gnome or manjaro-browser-settings.

That screenshot in your OP sort of explains what you mean. Although it looks fine to me. Right-Click on the toolbar and select Customize toolbar:

I suspect you’ll find what you’re looking for there. I’ve customized mine quite a bit, and this is what the toolbar(s) look like:

Well, I’m using 108.0b9, I’m on Stable and I didn’t have an update since [Stable Update] 2022-12-06 - Kernels, Mesa, Plasma, Cinnamon, Nvidia, LibreOffice, Pipewire, Virtualbox - #61 by iusemanjar0btw

Try:

firefox --safe-mode

your have all the tabs at the top visible and it is a standart web browser layout . I tried customize toolbar but i did not see how I can see all tabs open visible at the top. I just want a regular browser layout. Why does it change from update ? I will try your way but I dont think that will help my problem it only brings additional tool to be visible even little selection icon on the right (like a paragraph disappears) these are bugs that was not there before. I dont think it is related to settings

Mozilla changes the default Firefox layout some time ago, so perhaps they had legacy support for a time, which has now passed?

:man_shrugging:

On Gnome there is a special theme applied to firefox.

To use firefox default theme you need to open Layouts → Settings → disable Gnome native firefox theme

6 Likes

this works even better than the previous layout . everything works the way it is .
but how do i achieve this as a regular version

1 Like

I suspect look at what @linux-aarhus said. :point_up:

1 Like

thank you that worked . awesome …even better than the previous. thanks a lot @linux-aarhus

thank you for all the patience @Mirdarthos and thank you @linux-aarhus
Is the developer edition better . Never tried it.

Pretty much the same. Just have a few extra things that’s handy for web development, is all.

1 Like