Expressvpn not working

I wanted to increase the use of privacy and after some reading I saw that espressvpn is great for keeping the connection private while surfing.

I can’t install the program, it doesn’t work, it doesn’t find the daemon, from the terminal it says there are errors.

Can someone help me to understand what is wrong?

I tried looking at this post, but it doesn’t seem to work for me.

What do you mean you can’t install the program? Can you elaborate? And how did you try to install it?

If you didn’t install the program… of course it doesn’t work or find the daemon?

Whenever you have errors, it’s best to post the output on the forum when asking for help so we know what the output is. Always wrap your output with ``` before and after the output.

Technically any (good) VPN in general is good to keep connections private. I personally prefer Mullvad, which I use on my 3 computers and 2 phones. Their program on Linux & Android works really well from my experience.

I had some trouble when first installing ExpressVPN (mainly with getting it started after it was installed). I found the following post helpful:

I would also suggest reading the man pages for expressvpn to learn about all its functionalities and settings.

Type man expressvpn in a terminal window.

I can’t remember if the AUR version (vs expressvpn.com version) suffers from this issue.
However, the corporate version doesn’t install the service file for the daemon, doesn’t therefore enable or start the deamon, and requires manual technical intervention.
I’ve raised issue as a customer several times, but nothing seems to have been done with the Arch setup.

What do you mean you can’t install the program? Can you elaborate? And how did you try to install it?
I have tried to install the program in two ways, one downloading the program for arch from the internet in the site of express, the other way is through the aur via terminal with yay

If you didn’t install the program… of course it doesn’t work or find the daemon?
It is not so obvious in fact, now I will explain myself better.
I installed the program twice, once downloading it from the internet, the other via terminal, but at the same time it never found the daemon, it does not work in practice.
It reported the terminal that there are errors, but even scrolling, perhaps due to distraction I could not identify them.

Whenever you have errors, it’s best to post the output on the forum when asking for help so we know what the output is. Always wrap your output with ``` before and after the output.

I’ve wanted to do this, but every time to not read everything for every stupid thing I install I leave it alone.
The first reason is not to go through every crap of the programs I install, and secondly because I do not want to publish private data of the computer.

The great thing about Linux is that it actually tells us what the errors are, and it allows us to provide the information for others to help us.

But if you think posting outputs of errors is private data and unwilling to release the information, then no one can really ever help you fix errors on this forum then unfortunately.

Ok i got it, i guess i can throw away my express subscription now and next time i buy mullavad, maybe their software is easier to install.