Error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

If I do pacman -Syyu

I get…

error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                                                                                                  170.6 KiB  79.4 KiB/s 00:02 [#####################################################################################################] 100%
 extra                                                                                                                                1901.8 KiB  1537 KiB/s 00:01 [#####################################################################################################] 100%
 community                                                                                                                               6.6 MiB  1532 KiB/s 00:04 [#####################################################################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                                                                                              177.4 KiB   493 KiB/s 00:00 [#####################################################################################################] 100%
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

I tried to follow this… Pacman troubleshooting - Manjaro but I can’t figure out how to update my keys, if that’s even the problem.

4 Likes
pamac update
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Refreshing extra.db...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Refreshing community.db...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Refreshing multilib.db...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
Error: multilib.db: GPGME error: No data                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Error: multilib.db: GPGME error: No data
Error: multilib.db: GPGME error: No data
invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature)
Failed to synchronize databases
Error: Failed to prepare transaction: invalid or corrupted database

The mirror in your mirrorlist returns html - when the update tries to download new databases - possibly a 404 error page.

Run pacman-mirrors to update your mirrorlist

sudo pacman-mirrors --continent

Then update databases with your system update

sudo pacman -Syyu

Didn’t work, and I tried different countries, no effect.

Then you may need to reset your mirror pool

sudo pacman-mirrors -c all

If you check the file using the file utility - you should get a response like

➜  ~ file /var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db
/var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db: gzip compressed data, from Unix, original size modulo 2^32 542720

If instead of the above response you got

/var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db: HTML document, ASCII text

Then the mirror responded with a custom html - most likely a 404 - Not Found response and you will have to look into why you get that response.

The response can be caused by a nginx server - serving a custom 404 document - in which case the response code will be 200 - OK and pacman expects a database but got html document which in turn generates the GPGME error.

1 Like

No effect, same error.

return here (ask prev):

file /var/lib/pacman/sync/*
1 Like
# file /var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db
/var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db: gzip compressed data, last modified: Wed Jul 28 08:54:18 2021, from Unix, original size modulo 2^32 1149952

Have you checked the other database using the same recipe.

1 Like

my command !! error is only with multilib :wink:

and add

pacman-conf -r multilib

grep multilib /etc/pacman.conf -A5
1 Like

Hello, I am having problems replying to the forum, not sure why. However, I found the solution. I will post it…

OK the *sig files in /var/lib/pacman/sync/ were damaged by my stupid Netgear WIFI extender! I could see the Netgear “mywifiext” URL in there.

I just deleted *sig and now Pacman works fine.

Seems to be SOLVED. Thanks.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.