Pacman -Syyu working fine but pamac update shows error: GPGME error: No data

I initially had a problem with pacman -Syyu where it gave me a error: GPGME error: No data error. I tried updating the signature keys as mentioned in the [wiki] (Pacman troubleshooting - Manjaro. However this didn’t work. Eventually I found this post where the user suggested deleting the *.sig files in /var/lib/pacman/sync/. This worked and here’s the current output of pacman -Syyu

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                              170.8 KiB   162 KiB/s 00:01 [##################################] 100%
 extra                            1924.7 KiB   861 KiB/s 00:02 [##################################] 100%
 community                           6.6 MiB  1067 KiB/s 00:06 [##################################] 100%
 multilib                          178.9 KiB   639 KiB/s 00:00 [##################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: electron9: local (9.4.4-2) is newer than community (9.4.4-1)
 there is nothing to do

Great! Now I tried running pamac update which still doesn’t work and give me the following output

Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Refreshing core.db...                                                                                   
Refreshing extra.db...                                                                                  
Refreshing community.db...                                                                              
Refreshing multilib.db...                                                                               
Error: multilib.db: GPGME error: No data                                                                
invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature)
Failed to synchronize databases
Nothing to do.
Transaction successfully finished.

The interesting thing is that after running pamac update the *.sig files are back again and pacman -Syyu isn’t working. Any idea what is going on? Thanks for the help.

I guess I can live without using pamac update, however I remember reading here that this was the preferred method for updating the system, and also I use it for AUR packages, so it would be nice to have it working.

OK. I just restarted my laptop and this problem disappeared. Not sure what happened.

Software spuky - repaired by unknown.
Please mark as solved…