Corrupted Manjaro Menu on desktop

Hi!

Everything vanished from the Manjaro menu (you know that appears when you click on that).
There are only three group:
All Applications - this is empty
Places - works as usual
Recent Files - works as usual

And no more. How can i get back the old menu?

I restarted the system, now i can’t log in. Message something like this: “Failed strat session”
Now i writing form my backup system.
What would be the solution to restore the menu panel?
How can i log in again?

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command) but as you can’t seem to log in through the GUI, try Ctrl+Alt+F2 to go to TTY2 and provide the information from there.
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

3. The exact error message please?

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time

Thank for your answer.
Because i couldn’t log in (Failed start session) I decided to reinstall the entire system.
Please close this thread.
Thanks.

1 Like

I think that’s a good plan - of course, as you’ve made snapshots with Timeshift you will be able to copy back many .config files to save time.

To avoid this in the future, please read this:

:crossed_fingers:

P.S. Thread closed as per your request, left the “Restore your system backup” as a solution… :grin: