Cant-install-proprietary-nvidia-drivers

Waiting for user input…

Starting

Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/hybrid-intel-nvidia-418xx-bumblebee/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/hybrid-intel-nvidia-430xx-bumblebee/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/hybrid-intel-nvidia-435xx-prime/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/nvidia-418xx/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/nvidia-430xx/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/nvidia-435xx/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/nvidia-440xx/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/catalyst/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/network_drivers/r8168/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/network_drivers/rt3562sta/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Installing video-nvidia-340xx…

Sourcing /etc/mhwd-x86_64.conf

Has lib32 support: true

Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/nvidia-340xx/MHWDCONFIG

Processing classid: 0300

Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/scripts/include/0300

Processing classid: 0302

:: Synchronizing package databases…

error: target not found: linux58-nvidia-340xx

core is up to date

extra is up to date

community is up to date

multilib is up to date

Error: pacman failed!

Error: script failed!

Done …

Hi, check this post first:

You need to tell people what your hardware is.

“inxi -G” will tell what graphics card information you have. “inxi -F” will tell about your entire system.

1 Like

can’t include output from ini x- G says can’t include links

Copy and Paste

Please read: [Nvidia] Deprecation of 340xx driver series

Graphics:
Device-1: NVIDIA GT218 [GeForce 8400 GS Rev. 3] driver: nvidia v: 340.108
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: nvidia
unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,nouveau,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: GeForce 8400GS/PCIe/SSE2 v: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.108

I couldn’t copy and paste runing Manjaro live usb and the real problem is grphic aps killing manjaro which is why I am trying to load 340xx driver whic I see is depricated–what now?

Ouch, I forgot to disable 340xx as linux58 doesn’t support it anymore. You may want to download the LTS ISO with kernel 5.4.

??? How do I do that

You may use the old 20.0 ISOs from here. linux57 kernel was the last one supporting that hardware. We forgot to properly deactivate that driver on our 20.1 ISOs …

This is a quote from the Readme

Do not use an archived ISO for installation.

IMPORTANT
Installation using an archived ISO may succeed but impossible to update due to ABI changes.

Does this mean that I have to chuck my video card to use Manjaro

You can always use the FOSS drivers, which still support your card kinda.

“kinda” Is that the driver that gets loaded by default in 20.1? I really like what I see with Manjaro KDE but the frequent freezes are unacceptable. I am not certain that the problem I am experiencing is driver related but I don’t know how to prove it. Apparently I can’t fix the problem by updating my hardware based on your blog about nvidia proprietary drivers. Is Manjaro alone in the linux world with this problem?

This is what I get when I run vlc from terminal

If I try to advance the time line or almost anything else it crashes Manjaro and takes Manjaro with it.

[manjaro@manjaro ~]$ vlc
VLC media player 3.0.11.1 Vetinari (revision 3.0.11.1-0-g52483f3ca2)
[0000559d220845b0] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use ‘cvlc’ to use vlc without interface.
[0000559d22116850] main playlist: playlist is empty
kf.kio.core: Invalid URL: QUrl("/home/manjaro")
kf.kio.widgets.kdirmodel: protocol mismatch: “” vs “file”
kf.kio.core: We got some errors while running testparm “Error loading services.”
kf.kio.core: We got some errors while running ‘net usershare info’
kf.kio.core: “Can’t load /etc/samba/smb.conf - run testparm to debug it\n”
uint DBusMenuExporterDBus::GetLayout(int, int, const QStringList&, DBusMenuLayoutItem&): Condition failed: menu
[00007f809000a2c0] glconv_vaapi_x11 gl error: vaDeriveImage: operation failed
[00007f809804c470] main video output error: video output creation failed
[00007f80c459c7b0] main decoder error: failed to create video output
[00007f80c459c7b0] avcodec decoder: Using G3DVL VDPAU Driver Shared Library version 1.0 for hardware decoding
QObject::~QObject: Timers cannot be stopped from another thread
[manjaro@manjaro ~]$

Attempt to update VLC resulted in configuration error

Latest freeze occured while browsing Add/Remove programs