Hi, i can’t create folder and copy file in external drive, how can i solve it?
- What filesystem do you use ?
- How do you mount it ?
Welcome to Manjaro!
- Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information.
[HowTo] Provide System Information
- Please press the three dots … below your post and then press the
- If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
- You can do this by using
inxiin a terminal or in console.
sudo inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
- Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
- Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
- Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
- To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.
(Wisdom lies in reading )
The external disk is Seagate Expansion Drive with ntfs3 file system. I already auto-mounted it, when i insert the disk it gets auto-mounted.
If you cannot write to a ntfs formatted device - it is often caused by an improper unmount when last accessed using Windows.
Boot to Windows - mount the device the use safe eject from explorer.